Shonen Jump Mangaka Autograph Contest
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE CHANCE OF WINNING.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Open only to legal residents of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia, and Canada (excluding Quebec) (“Area”) who are age 13 or older and located in the Area at the time of entry. Employees, contractors, directors, and officers of VIZ Media, LLC (“Sponsor”), its subsidiaries, promotional partners for this Contest, and the advertising, fulfillment, judging and promotion agencies involved in the administration, development, promotion and execution of this Contest (collectively, “Contest Parties”), and their immediate family members (parent, child, sibling and spouse of each) and those living in the same households of each are not eligible. Void where prohibited.
2. HOW TO ENTER: The Entry Period begins 12:00:01 a.m. P.S.T. on December 24, 2012 and ends 11:59:59 p.m. P.S.T. on January 7, 2013 (“Contest Period”). Limit one (1) Entry per person/email address for the entire Contest Period. During the Contest Period, follow the link provided to you by Sponsor to the contest hosted by SurveyGizmo. Follow the instructions regarding entry. Enter in your word or phrase to complete the statement "The World's Greatest Manga Is ____________,” provide your email address, and follow all other rules for submitting the Entry (“Entry”). In order for Entry to be valid, entrants must have accomplished all necessary steps. Finalists will be selected by a panel of Sponsor’s judges on or about January 14, 2013.
If more than one Entry is received from the same person or from the same email address, all Entries from said person or email address will be disqualified. Entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Proof of submission is not proof of receipt by Sponsor. Entries made through any robotic, automatic, mechanical, programmed or similar entry duplication method are ineligible and will be disqualified. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any individual and all Entries using such method. Any Entries not in conformance with these Official Rules will be disqualified.
Contest Parties assume no responsibility for lost, late, misdirected, stolen, mutilated, illegible, undelivered, garbled, damaged or incomplete entries or submissions, or for any computer, online, telephone or technical malfunctions that may occur. Contest Parties also assume no responsibility for any technical problems in connection with transmission or receipt of online entries including faulty electronic data transmission, traffic congestion on the Internet or on the web site, hardware or software error, equipment failure or malfunction, or other online communications problems. All online entrants must have a valid email address. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an entry, entries will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet Access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned to entrant.
3. WINNER SELECTION: The two winners will be determined by Sponsor’s judges in San Francisco, California, on or about January 14, 2013. Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding on all matters related to the Contest. If a winning entrant is a Canadian resident, upon notification of selection, the selected entrant must, unaided, correctly answer a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question. In the event that the selected entrant is unable to correctly answer the skill-testing question, the Sponsor shall have the right to randomly draw another eligible entrant, and the Sponsor shall be fully and completely released and discharged from any liability or responsibility in this regard. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Winner will be notified by e-mail only, and must provide a valid address for shipment and delivery of the Prize. If any prize correspondence is returned as non-deliverable, prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected. Winner (or winner’s parent or legal guardian, if winner is a minor in his/her state/province of residence) may be required to complete, sign and return an Affidavit/Declaration of Eligibility/Liability Release, and, where lawful, a Publicity Release within fourteen (14) days of attempted notification or prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected. If no documentation is required by Sponsor, prize will be shipped within 6-8 weeks of drawing date.
PRIZES: The following prizes will be awarded: (a) One winner will receive one storyboard signed by Mitsutoshi Shimabukuro, creator of Toriko and (b) one winner will receive one storyboard signed by Tsugumi Ohba and Takeshi Obata, creators of Bakuman. Sponsor will determine, in its sole discretion, which winner will receive which prize.
There is no retail value for the prizes, but the Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of each prize is $25.00 USD / $24.50 CAD. All expenses not specifically set forth herein are winner’s sole responsibility. No substitution, cash redemption or transfer of prize is permitted except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. If prize, or any portion thereof, cannot be awarded for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize with another prize of equal or greater value. Any portion of the prize not accepted by winner shall be forfeited.
5. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Prize will be awarded only to an address within the Area. Winner is solely responsible for any taxes on prize. If prize is $600 or more and winner is a legal U.S. resident, winner (or winner’s parent(s)/legal guardian(s) if winner is a minor) will receive an IRS Form 1099 for the approximate retail value of the prize. Canadian residents may be subject to withholding taxes and Canadian residents are responsible for the reporting and payment of any income tax. By participating, entrants (and their parent(s)/legal guardian(s) if entrants are minors) agree to these Official Rules, and to the Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all respects. If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including without limitation due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify or cancel the Contest and to disqualify any individual who is responsible or who tampers with the entry process. If any modification or cancellation occurs, Sponsor may select the winner from all eligible entries received prior to the cancellation or modification. This Contest is offered only in the Area and is governed by the laws of the State of California, without regard to conflicts of laws principles and all claims must be resolved in the federal or state courts of San Francisco, California.
6. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE: By accepting the prize, winner (and winner’s parent(s)/legal guardian(s) if winner is a minor) agree that (a) the Contest Parties, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents will have no liability whatsoever for, and shall be held harmless by winner against any liability for injuries, losses or damages of any kind to persons or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in the Contest; from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize; or from participation in any prize-related activity or any travel related thereto; (b) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; (c) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (d) any and all claims, judgments, and award shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, excluding attorneys’ fees and court costs. All entrants understand and agree that Facebook and Twitter are not in any way connected or associated with this contest and that Facebook and Twitter do not sponsor, endorse, or administer this contest. Each entrant understands that it is not providing any information to Facebook or Twitter by entering into this contest, but is providing information to Sponsor. Each entrant hereby releases Facebook and Twitter from any and all claims related to this contest. Except if winner is a resident of TN or where prohibited by law, winner (and winner’s parent(s)/legal guardian if winner is a minor) grant (and agree to confirm this grant in writing, if requested) permission for Sponsor and those acting under its authority to use his/her name, photograph, voice and/or likeness, for advertising and/or publicity purposes in any and all media now known or hereinafter invented without territorial or time limitations and without additional compensation.
7. WINNER LIST: For winner’s name, city & state/province, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Shonen Jump Mangaka Autograph Contest, Contest Winner’s List Request, PO Box 77010, San Francisco, California 94107. Requests must be received by January 18, 2013. Canadian residents may omit return postage.
SPONSOR: VIZ Media, LLC, 295 Bay Street, San Francisco, CA 94133.