Welcome to Weekly SHONEN JUMP Alpha!

Please allow us to introduce the latest version of SHONEN JUMP—Weekly SHONEN JUMP Alpha!

As an SJ Alpha member, not only do you get more manga with chapters of Bakuman, Bleach, Naruto, Nura: Rise of the Yokai Clan, One Piece and Toriko, but you get it in weekly installments soon after its release in Japan. As an added bonus for members, you get exclusive content such as creator interviews and creator sketch videos on this site as well! And there's more! Here's what you can expect starting today!

More Daily Updates!
As soon as we get wind of news in the anime and manga from Japan, we'll let you know.

Exclusive Creator Interviews!
Read what your favorite manga creator has to say and watch them create your favorite videos from scratch!

Card Features Galore!
We're ramping up our Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG and Naruto CCG coverage online, including product releases, gameplay tips and tournament info.

Extensive Video Game Coverage!
Expect to see a barrage of game reviews, previews, events coverage, and whimsical observations about the video game industry!

SJ Fan Meet-Ups!
Wanna tell us what you think about Alpha? Or do you just want to meet like-minded fans? Come meet us at upcoming SJ Fan Meet-Ups!

SJ Community!
Join us on our brand-spanking new message boards! Plus make sure to leave your thoughts in our comments section as well.

And this is just a small sampling of what you can expect in the coming months.

Comments

Submitted by jp71395 on Wed, 02/01/2012 - 15:03

Can some one please tell me why that when I type in "vizmanga.com" it takes me to "viz.com/apps". Its been happening for three days and "sjalpha@viz.com" have not even wrote me back to help me fix my problem so this is why I am writing this here. I need help!!!

Submitted by Bob1200 on Thu, 03/08/2012 - 12:10
Submitted by rickm4a1@aim.com on Wed, 02/01/2012 - 20:05

this place is really getting to me i've been trying to read my manga since the 30th i send a message to sjalpha@viz.com but they havent sent me a reply yet whats goin on...

Submitted by keokerhjelm@gma... on Thu, 02/02/2012 - 04:35

I haven't received a reply either. I am growing more irritated by the day.

Submitted by Lizzy on Thu, 02/02/2012 - 08:24

I am getting mad to! go to vizmanga.com and half to buy even when I signed up to go digital before jan 30 th! Whats going on here people?

Submitted by Bob1200 on Thu, 03/08/2012 - 12:19

It Doesn't Really Matter When U Signed Up, U Just Have To Convert Ur Membership If U Were A Printed Member, It Lasts Until A Certain Day, And U'd Have To Pay For Stuff Either Way, I Say Just Read The Alpha Magazine Instead Of Getting All The Damn Volumes, Lmao

Submitted by Marijke on Thu, 02/02/2012 - 08:41

Is anybody else having trouble figuring out how to log out? @__@ There is no button to click! haha

Submitted by Bob1200 on Thu, 03/08/2012 - 12:17

I Have The Button, I Just Don't Bother Logging Out, lol

Submitted by keokerhjelm@gma... on Thu, 02/02/2012 - 11:48

I had the stupidest idea today. I decided to try to access the website on a computer other than my own, using a different Internet browser, just for the heck of it. And lo and behold, there, at the top of the vizmanga webpage, was a Login button that does NOT appear when I access the page using my PC and Internet Explorer. I thought that that was odd, so I logged in there, and, by the Powers that Be, I was able to read the first issue of Shonen Jump Alpha! Curiouser and curiouser...

Submitted by michael.friedla... on Fri, 02/03/2012 - 18:36

The online format is very confusing. I converted my subscription to the online format, but it still wont let me reads the first SJ Alpha volume without paying. I wish they just kept SJ in the paper form.

Submitted by MBHarris on Thu, 02/09/2012 - 18:07

Ditto. Called and the person is not there. That's awesome!

Submitted by Bob1200 on Thu, 03/08/2012 - 12:16

U'd Have To Pay Either Way Soo, lol

Submitted by angelfang21@live.com on Sat, 02/04/2012 - 07:13

i dont understand how im supose to read manga online i cant find any online manga and i have been a custumer for along time and would like to continue to be a loyal member of shonen jump but i dont understand anything all i see is news about the manga

Submitted by Primo on Sat, 02/04/2012 - 08:05

Go on vizmanga.com and if your using an iOS device download the viz media app.

Submitted by alvinlu on Sat, 02/04/2012 - 08:10

At the top of the home page, click on "Read Alpha Now".

That will take you to the WSJA manga home page where you can buy the issue for 99 cents, buy a subscription, or login (at the top of the page) if you already have an account.

Submitted by MAAAR on Sat, 02/04/2012 - 08:13

im an sj subscriber and i recently changed my subscription from print to digital and im supposed to be entitled to 3 free digital mangas but every time i try to get them theres an error

Submitted by alvinlu on Sat, 02/04/2012 - 08:18

Email your problem to sjalpha@viz.com.

They may not be able to get on it right away, but I hear the response time is getting faster.

Submitted by Napoleon88 on Sat, 02/11/2012 - 19:53

You must add Hunter x Hunter at one point to win over more readers. Viz already has the license and it's in Japanese Weekly Shonen Jump. I don't understand the issue.

Submitted by Dimesd on Tue, 02/14/2012 - 02:18

Made an account just to say: I hate viz media for shutting down Mangastream, you will never get my money ever and I hope people find somewhere else to go to read Weekly Shonen cause I have been reading it for over 5 years and now you shut down one of the best sites ever

Submitted by Bob1200 on Thu, 03/08/2012 - 12:14

Dude, They Shut Down Everyone, There Is Nowhere Else To Go Cuz Of The Copyright, lol

Submitted by Ginigo on Tue, 02/14/2012 - 06:43

I Recently renewed my SJ subscription for a two year deal and the web site says I'm subscribed until July so I wanted to Know what's the Deal?

Submitted by John Bae on Tue, 02/14/2012 - 09:15

Call SHONEN JUMP Customer Service at 1-800-541-7919. They should be able to help you out.

Submitted by skzr75 on Tue, 02/14/2012 - 11:17

I'm kinda disappointed, I thought the mangas would be more up to date. I think you guys should change the claims of hours after releases in Japan to weeks after its released. Bummed but glad to be supporting the magazine in anyway to keep it going.

Is there any plans to catch things up?

Submitted by Bob1200 on Thu, 03/08/2012 - 12:13

Nobody Ever Said Hours...They Said 2 Weeks After It Comes Out In Japan...

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Wed, 02/22/2012 - 00:14

The fact that i can't go to the store and buy a issue now is total bull. i want the print version i collect them and when i don't buy many i usually get the ones with the game / yugioh cards in it at the very least. well. this is a giant Blankety Blank from shonen jump.

Submitted by Bob1200 on Thu, 03/08/2012 - 12:33

U Should've/Could've Subscribed To The Print Magazine Instead Of Just Going To The Store, lol

Submitted by Devinedragoon on Wed, 02/22/2012 - 00:18

Just goes to show that most companies don't care about their customers i generally only get ones with yugioh cards as is anymore and lo and behold this makes that no longer possiable.

Submitted by Modab on Wed, 02/22/2012 - 08:30

Yeah, I mean I want a pony. Why doesn't Viz sell me a pony? What's wrong with them? Lots of people would buy a pony. They must not care about people at all.

Submitted by Modab on Wed, 02/22/2012 - 08:34

Or perhaps, just like about everyone in the magazine industry, Shonen Jump was losing money because there weren't enough people buying it, and they had to cancel the title.

No wait, that's impossible. They just abandoned their flagship manga magazine because they hate you.

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Wed, 02/22/2012 - 11:03

Please don't curse in the comments field. I changed your dirty word to "Blankety Blank." Please refrain from cursing, if you can.

Modab - You sir, are funny. I like the cut of your jib.

Urian Brown - - Guy at Weekly SHONEN JUMP Alpha who doesn't allow cursing.

Submitted by ryuga97 on Tue, 02/28/2012 - 18:45

Well, I am somewhat disappointed in the project so far. I really think that you should have kept the print magazine for several reasons;
1. Buffering: On Viz Manga reader, the pages has to load first before you can read them. This is a problem because if the manga in a cliff hanger, do you really want a orange/white loading bar to appear for a short while and then when you turn the page, it shows up again.
2. Power outage: Say you want to read your weekly SJ manga, Then a black out happens. You can't exactly work a computer or connect to the internet when the powers out.
3. Mail: It's fun to get the magazine in the mail every month.
4. No Psyren/Yu-Gi-Oh! 5Ds: These are some of the reasons why i actually subscribed to the magazine. I was really interested in Psyren. Now I have to wait for it to come out in volume format. As for 5D's, I have always been a fan of Yu-Gi-Oh, and now I also have to buy it in volume form, which comes out about two-three times a year.
5.It was in contrast with the volume forms and didn't jump ahead of the translations.
Now i would like to clarify some complaints and things about the magazine.
1. " The card is stolen." That is why you subscribe, so that that doesn't happen.
2. "Now that Borders closed, i can't buy it."Again, that's why you subscribe. If you can't find the subscription, go to the library and raid theirs, OR JUST PRINT IT OFF ONLINE!
Now some things about Alpha
1. inconsistencies within storyline: This is things like in Bleach, Print magazine, Arrancar, decisive battle arc. It just jumps from that to Fullbring arc. I have no idea whats going on.
2. Bakuman. Really? you can't snag old time fans with that manga. I might just be speaking for me here, but i prefer manga with action, gore, violence, PLOT, and fan service. Not hopes and dreams with no action/gore. Fullmetal Alchemist did that one right.
I know that I might be ridiculed and shuned for this, but at this rate, i might not re-subscribe, no matter what cards you daunt me with. Hope you make these changes, and if you don't I'm over and out.

Ryuga97

Submitted by FrankyCenaur on Tue, 02/28/2012 - 21:50

I get your argument, I agree with some of it, especially the whole thing with the missing chapters, but some of it is too personal.

Just because you don't like manga like Bakuman, doesn't mean that others don't. That's one of the great things about Weekly Shonen Jump, and manga in general- it spans past battle comics to mystery, romance, comedy, sports, etc, and I recommend giving them more of a try because they're just as good if not better.

Also, Psyren and Yugioh are still being printed as volumes.

Submitted by ryuga97 on Wed, 02/29/2012 - 18:28

i fully acknowledge those points that's why I chose to put "and i might just be talking about me here..." and i also know that the volumes are being printed but it is ultra slow with the translations.

Submitted by BasicStranger1 on Sat, 03/03/2012 - 21:44

I fully agree with you.

Submitted by Bob1200 on Thu, 03/08/2012 - 12:30

Ok 1. Buffering Doesn't Happen For Me, And If It Does Its Like 2 Seconds At Most...B. The Inconsistencies Are Because The Printed Manga Is Behind, By Like, ALOT, The Arrancar Arc Is Already In The Anime, lol C. The Power Outage Is Common Sense, Wait For The Power To Come Back On, Or Go Somewhere Else If Ur That Desperate...D. No Anime Nor Manga I've Seen Has Gore, Because Blood Is Not Gore, Its Blood And Finally E. If U Don't Like Bakuman, Just Skip Past It, Like Jeez Man

Submitted by bleachnaruto5 on Wed, 02/29/2012 - 04:32

I love psyren too! u know the volumes don't catch up to the mag until jul. 3!! :(

Submitted by nothisispatrick on Thu, 03/01/2012 - 05:57

I'm excited about the transfer to the weekly format!

Submitted by BasicStranger1 on Sat, 03/03/2012 - 21:42

Yep, after my subscription runs out this year, I'm not renewing it because of this. Their has been way too many issues I've had to deal with already. I've had this subscription forever, oh well.

Submitted by Kingdomhearts3582 on Tue, 03/06/2012 - 16:20

This is the most stupid idea that I have seen ever. First of all, you have to pay for a subscription in order to read manta from here while other site such as manga reader and manga fox allow you to read manga for free. Also, these other sites have much more manga in it and has much more updated chapters for populated manga like naruto, bleach, one piece, etc. Than shonen jump alpha. Another problem with this is that you must be on your computer in order to read manga and some people can not go onto this site because of technical reasons or because of probation. Most parents will not care if you read manga in a book while on probation but will certainly care if you read it on the computer.

If you still want to read manga online, then try other manga sites such as mangareader dot net or mangafox dot com instead of sjalpha. It's not worth your money and does not even compare to the other manga sites that I listed.

Submitted by Bob1200 on Thu, 03/08/2012 - 12:11

Use Common Sense And Press Read Alpha Now After Logging In And Going To The Home Page...

Submitted by Bob1200 on Thu, 03/08/2012 - 12:21

And To Kingdomhearts, All The Good Manga Such As Bleach And Naruto, Were Removed From All Those Sites Because Of Licensing Issues And Stuff

Submitted by PORCUPINE11255232 on Sat, 03/31/2012 - 17:02

does the SJAlpha magazine get shipped to ur house?

Submitted by ZENZEBINIA1422 on Sat, 03/31/2012 - 17:57

No, you go to VIZmanga.com and- if you have a subscription -you can read it online from there. There's a new issue every week, but it's only accessable online, they don't send it out in print. I do wish it were still in print though.

Submitted by masonank on Sat, 03/31/2012 - 19:01

I need to get a refund because I do not like reading this online...I want the print version as I can read it in bed and take my time....so I want to just cancel the remainder and get my money back...
If I had known one month after I subscribed you were not printing anymore, I would not have subscribed.

Submitted by John Bae on Mon, 04/02/2012 - 09:19
Submitted by gohan14 on Sat, 04/14/2012 - 14:28

were do we go to read shonenjump

Submitted by gohan14 on Sat, 04/14/2012 - 14:29

were do we go to read the shonenjunp

Submitted by mikeytra on Wed, 04/18/2012 - 17:00

I am extremely disappointed in this organization. You had a mission to bring an art form in its genuine form at one point now that is dead. I bought this magazine because it was just that a real tangible thing. I have collected all of the issues and have them collected. Now what the comics are in the limbo of the internet. The magazine rack next to my toilet is going to miss having shonen jump in it. Figuratively putting the magazine online only is like flushing it down the toilet instead.

Submitted by fireemblem31 on Wed, 04/18/2012 - 18:26

I hate the online manga form. While I understand why it was done, for more profit, I hate it. I can't read online at school, because I will have my ipad/iphone taken and/or stolen. I was always able to find my manga. I just now figured out how to get to the shonen jump magazine to read it on here. THAT MEANS I LOST TWO MONTHS WORTH OF ALPHA... I am not happy. I wish there was a simple link that after I logged in I could just click it and be taken there, because I do not know of any way to get there other than Google. If anybody could show me how to get the magazine easily, it would be much appreciated. I will be much happier then, though I will still hate this online form. The only 2 good things about going to online for a subscriber is that IF they have an ipad/iphone and IF they are in a place where they can, they can access it( supposedly) (I still can't get the app to work with me) quickly. Two, the print versions are going to be worth something MUCH LATER in life. So if anyone can help me, please do, because otherwise, I may just quit getting SJ altogether, which I really don't want to.

Submitted by omaralvarez on Thu, 05/03/2012 - 17:08

y does it say im not a member even though i already signed up?