YGO Tournament Info

Submitted by John Bae on Wed, 02/22/2012 - 11:21

Comments

Submitted by dude13117 on Mon, 02/27/2012 - 19:27

I wish I had these in my town. We don't even have an official store. People here play magic (which is way less cooler than yugioh).

Submitted by themistern on Mon, 02/27/2012 - 22:35

Without "Magic", there would be no Yu-Gi-Oh.

The card game was originally a parody of Magic the Gathering.

Submitted by dude13117 on Tue, 02/28/2012 - 16:54

Never knew that. But I still like yugioh more.

Submitted by karasking4862 on Fri, 03/02/2012 - 13:45

The Yugioh card game was not a parody of Magic, it was made into a real card game when the manga became popular. It has no connection to Magic what so ever. I know, because I've played it since Konami first started distributing the cards in 1999.

Submitted by themistern on Sat, 03/03/2012 - 01:19

Before Yu-Gi-Oh! was all about the trading card game "Duel Monsters", the TCG was originally introduced as "Magic and Wizards" which ran for 2 chapters and it was a game that played similarly to TCGs like "Magic". Back then, the manga had battles based on games in general, not just DuelMon. There were also games based on fads at the time like virtual pets, yo-yos, battling tops and even a tabletop RPG. It was just that the TCG story got popular with the readers and Takahashi-sensei and Jump editorial decided to take the series to a new direction and make it about the cards. Soonafter, Konami decided that a real version of the TCG would be popular, worked with Takahashi & Shueisha and the rest was history.

Submitted by Bob1200 on Thu, 03/22/2012 - 13:03

By Battling Tops, Do U Mean Beyblade? o.O

Submitted by azureflames on Wed, 02/29/2012 - 08:42

I've gotten into the top eight in a tournament before

Submitted by GodDeck on Wed, 02/29/2012 - 20:04

I need to get on these tournaments my burn/god deck would destroy all. To bad the closes one is a 20min drive : [

Submitted by azureflames on Tue, 03/13/2012 - 08:27

you should go anyway because at least you will find out how strong your deck really is because you may be unpleasantly surprised

Submitted by Bob1200 on Thu, 03/22/2012 - 13:04

Dude, Just Drive Then...Lazy...

Submitted by percy4billion on Tue, 05/01/2012 - 13:36

Except my dark world deck will beat it.

Submitted by percy4billion on Tue, 05/01/2012 - 13:34

I use Dark worlds at my local tournaments and last week I went 3 and 1, but had to leave after that.

Submitted by mekeldark666 on Tue, 05/01/2012 - 13:49

is crystal beast i focus on rainbow dragon but i run one or two crystal aboundance

Submitted by Yugiohking on Thu, 05/03/2012 - 14:37

How do you get into the world championship? I've always wanted to go to that.

Submitted by John Bae on Thu, 05/03/2012 - 15:18

Probably the best thing to do is to go to Konami's official site for YUGIOH: http://yugioh-cards.com. You should be able to find information there to help you out.

Submitted by percy4billion on Tue, 05/08/2012 - 13:44

You have to make the top cut in a YCS then go to the north american world championship qualifier and i think finish top 2. (very hard)

Submitted by NoelV on Tue, 01/01/2013 - 19:04

I cant duel because i moved from my friends and my sisters dont play unless I let them use chrysalis pantail .