CARDS: And the Next SJ ALPHA Promo Is...

UPDATE: The deadline date for becoming an SJ Alpha member and receiving Slifer the Sky Dragon is July 11, 2012! Sign up now before it's too late!

SHIPPING UPDATE: We have just received word that Slifer the Sky Dragon was sent out today (August 27, 2012), so expect to receive your cards soon!

Thinking about becoming an SJ Alpha member? If you become a member by July 11, 2012, you'll get our next Yu-Gi-Oh! promo card—Slifer the Sky Dragon! Fans of the print SHONEN JUMP magazine have already been treated to two previous God Cards (Obelisk and Ra), and now the trilogy is complete with this release. Just like the other God cards, each Slifer the Sky Dragon has Kazuki Takahashi Sensei's printed signature!

Slifer the Sky Dragon

[Divine-Beast/Effect]
Requires 3 Tributes to Normal Summon (cannot be Normal Set). This card's Normal Summon cannot be negated. When Normal Summoned, cards and effects cannot be activated. During the End Phase, if this card was Special Summoned: Send it to the Graveyard. This card gains 1000 ATK and DEF for each card in your hand. When a monster(s) is Normal or Special Summoned to your opponent's side of the field in face-up Attack Position: That monster(s) loses 2000 ATK, then if its ATK has been reduced to 0 as a result, destroy it.

Become a member today and receive this card as a promo gift!

Wondering how you'll get cards or when the first promo will be sent out? If you have more promo card questions, click HERE for answers!

Cards
Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG Official Site

Comments

Submitted by tradetek on Sat, 09/15/2012 - 18:27

How do you be a member

Submitted by AiEnma on Fri, 04/27/2012 - 06:42

seeing how your able to right here, your a member, if some how your not...just sign up, i was a paiding subsriber, BEFORE they did this...so i'm an adomatic member.

Submitted by RunnerX on Wed, 04/25/2012 - 13:11

THIS IS THE DREAM OF YU-GI-OH PLAYERS EVERYWHERE
I just hope they don't re release it like they did with Ra in order of chaos

Submitted by MasterofManga on Wed, 04/25/2012 - 15:50

does anyone know when slifer will be sent to members/

Submitted by MattMan11 on Wed, 04/25/2012 - 15:55

Shonen Jump alpha said that info will be included as soon as posible

Submitted by jkphantom on Thu, 05/24/2012 - 12:34

Pretty much self-explanatory if you read the article all the way through.

Submitted by jkphantom on Wed, 04/25/2012 - 20:28

i can't wait for the Slifer promo card to come out! I already have Obelisk and Ra, and when I get Slifer, I'll have........ALL THREE EGYPTIAN GOD CARDS!!!!!!! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!

Submitted by thedrake27 on Thu, 04/26/2012 - 10:52

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Submitted by DarkVant on Thu, 04/26/2012 - 12:51

How do I know I'm subscribed for a year and not for just a week? I signed up for sj alpha today and I got 2 e-mails. One saying congratulations on becoming a member with a paypal receipt of $25.99 and another aftrwards that said that I could upgrade to an annual membership.

Submitted by John Bae on Fri, 04/27/2012 - 10:19

Not sure why you got those two emails, but if you paid for a $25.99 membership, then you're an annual member. Check your VIZmanga.com status when you go to the WEEKLY SHONEN JUMP ALPHA section. There should be a box underneath the manga viewer that tells you when your membership expires.

Submitted by Rudy1493 on Thu, 04/26/2012 - 19:34

Do we have to resubscribe to get the card?

Submitted by John Bae on Fri, 04/27/2012 - 10:20

Until when does your membership expire? You should be able to see that date when looking at a WEEKLY SHONEN JUMP issue (right underneath the manga viewer on the right-hand side).

Submitted by AiEnma on Fri, 04/27/2012 - 06:40

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES, i'll now have 2, count them, 2 playable god card. WHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, FEAR ME....BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Submitted by RohanSpartan on Fri, 04/27/2012 - 15:02

As Ozzy Osbourne once said: "It's about bloody time!" I am super stoked about this card's release.

Submitted by nickj on Fri, 04/27/2012 - 15:29

that is so sick. i want it. i want it. i want it. cooooool

Submitted by BEARSDENNJ3566 on Sat, 04/28/2012 - 17:43

Finally the final Egyptian God Card which came out in the US pretty dang quick!!! Now i'll have all 3! :D

Submitted by Lizzy on Mon, 04/30/2012 - 10:35

How can those who want to renew their sub do so? So we can get this YGO card! Befor our carrent sub is up!

Submitted by John Bae on Mon, 04/30/2012 - 11:52

If you currently have a paid membership, or a transferred membership from print, you will get this card. If it's already expired, simply sign up again at vizmanga.com (go to the ALPHA section and renew from there).

Submitted by Lizzy on Mon, 04/30/2012 - 12:01

Thanks John that helps me out!

Submitted by xirenlord on Mon, 04/30/2012 - 15:08

sweet card but i probably wont be getting one because u people suck i didnt even get the one for april and april is already over you :) maybe you should send your cards out 2 all shonen jump alpha members in all places you people suck im never gonna buy anything from you again for this. there is only 2 things i like about shonen jusmp, that is the magazine and the yugioh cards but what the point of shonen jump when you dont even get what you are supposed to you owe me but I probably wont get anything or even an apology because you suck you cant even send me the cards im supposed to get im never getting shonen jump alpha again no subscriptions or even manga booo internet rock on paper. I love the paper version of shonen jump because you actually get the yugioh CARDS and instead with the internet you get $!@&%. you people are :) that say "we will give you this and that" but does that ever happen NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT FROM ALPHA TEAM: Before hurling insults, please make sure you read and understand what's going on. First promo card is sent out in May-June.

Submitted by John Bae on Mon, 04/30/2012 - 15:30

The first promo, SHOCK MASTER, hasn't been sent out yet. No one has the card as of now. That'll come out sometime May-June. SLIFER goes out after that.

Submitted by nickj on Tue, 05/01/2012 - 15:28

you would know that if you read the info we get on this site

Submitted by caroe190 on Mon, 04/30/2012 - 19:30

so what john is saying that the first promo card to be shipped out between may and june is Shock Master after that is Slifer?

Submitted by John Bae on Tue, 05/01/2012 - 10:10

That is correct.

Submitted by jimaz9080 on Wed, 05/02/2012 - 05:08

i feel like ive been waiting forever. doe anyone know the exact date?

Submitted by John Bae on Wed, 05/02/2012 - 09:53

Read all the comments! Your answer is there.

Submitted by Lizzy on Thu, 05/03/2012 - 10:50

Oh, How cool is this! We who switched our sub from the print to digital SJAlpha are so lucky yay! I am so glad I did switch when I still had the chance! Thank you SJAlpha you guys are awesome!

Submitted by Vampirej1991 on Thu, 05/03/2012 - 12:23

I just signed up for sj alpha today! so am i like gunna get slifer anytime soon cuz ive been waitin a while for it!!!

Submitted by Ozymandias on Thu, 05/03/2012 - 14:59

Slifer has always been my favorite of the God cards and now I will be able to put him in my deck, where he belongs. I am excited that we will be receiving him, now my only question is when.

Submitted by John Bae on Thu, 05/03/2012 - 15:17

That card should be coming out soon after SHOCK MASTER. Once I get a more concrete date for everyone, I'll be sure to put it up.

Submitted by Slifer on Thu, 05/03/2012 - 15:29

I have not paided for a membership yet, but I just wanna know. If I sign up for a membership how do you send me my Slifer? I mean after I paid do you just ask for my address to sending it or something?

Second I want to know how long is Slifer going to last for? I don't wanna just purchase a membership and find out Slifer is sold out.

Submitted by John Bae on Thu, 05/03/2012 - 15:33

Most of your answers can be found here:

As for how long the SLIFER offer will last, since it just started, it won't end in the neartime future. When the cut-off date for SLIFER is coming up, I'll be sure to let everyone know in advance (hopefully at least a couple weeks in advance).

Submitted by Yugiohking on Thu, 05/03/2012 - 18:51

This card is going to be one heck of beast, when it comes out! Notice that they are actually staying true to its original effects from the anime with this god card. Obelisk and Ra were weakened and lost many of their effects when they were converted into legal cards, which is just sad. That means Slifer is going to be the strongest of all three legal god cards. I am not going to miss my opportunity of getting this card!

Submitted by theduelingjuggalo on Fri, 05/04/2012 - 13:19

Obelisk actually has all its effects, Ra was the only one watered down. Which is a shame, but I think they were going more for Ra merging with the duelist, which is a sweet concept if you think about it

Submitted by Yugiohking on Sun, 05/06/2012 - 22:23

Are you sure Obelisk hasn't weakened? If you watch the anime, you will notice that when Obelisk activates his two-monster-tribute-destruction ability, he also inflicts 4000 points of damage to the opposing player's lifepoints. This is what Seto Kaiba used to wipe out all of his adversaries in the Battle City tournament. Though legal Obelisk does have the same destruction ability, he doesn't throw any damage on your opponent whatsoever. He's not even allowed to attack during the same turn that his effect was activated. That's why, even though I would still want to have all three legal God cards (in perfect condition, of course) in my deck (if it were given my way), I would not feel Obelisk the Tormentor "tormenting me" (lololololololololololololol) as much as I should, if I knew my opponent had him in his or her deck.

Submitted by Lizzy on Fri, 05/04/2012 - 12:22

Yay I can finish the god card set with Slifer The Sky Dargon! I got the first two with my print Shonen Jump issues so I am glad I can get the hole set!

Submitted by theduelingjuggalo on Fri, 05/04/2012 - 13:14

your forgetting the last one, Horkhty. Which is all 3 put together

Submitted by Lizzy on Fri, 06/22/2012 - 12:37

Yes I know about Horkhty! But they never made that card as far as anyone knows. It could be a card in Japan only! That would suck too if there is a card anywhere but here in the U S!

Submitted by CRITTERMAN20120176 on Fri, 05/04/2012 - 22:05

if i already had a shonen jump subscription and it changed to alfa will i get slifer the sky dragon

Submitted by noopy on Sat, 05/05/2012 - 20:00

At first I was not too happy about digital manga but the moor I look at it the better i feel. I am glad that you have finally revealed Slifer The Sky Dragon as a promo card. Only draw back from not getting paper manga is that I can't get multiple copies of cards. Was looking forward to getting 4 Slifers but oh well. what can ya do? I love the weekly manga!!!!!!!!! :)

Submitted by zakk04 on Thu, 05/10/2012 - 00:17

so i signed up yesterday will i get shockmaster or no?

Submitted by zakk04 on Thu, 05/10/2012 - 00:31

so im like a number hunter i collect only numbers and i was hopeing anyone had an extra number cards

number 96:dark mist,
number 7: lucky straight,
number 11: big eye,
number 12: crimson shadow armor ninja,
number 32: shark drake,
number 25: force focus
if anyone has extras contact me im on facebook as "Zack Murphy" or my e-mail is " zakk04@live.com"

Submitted by SirSnoopy7 on Sun, 05/13/2012 - 18:15

I've been waiting for my copy of slifer in the mail and it still hasnt come when will it come in the mail

Submitted by manny30 on Sun, 05/13/2012 - 21:09

i think u get slifer in the mail when the magazine ships to ur mail box slifer will be there

Submitted by captinerik on Mon, 05/14/2012 - 13:44

when the hell do i get my god card

Submitted by John Bae on Mon, 05/14/2012 - 13:47

I don't know how many times I've answered this type of question...

SHOCK MASTER comes out first. That will go out in late May. SLIFER will follow, most likely within a couple months because we are releasing a total of four promo cards for this year.

Please read all the information on the site. You will more than likely find answers to your questions.

EDIT: In fact, I answered this very question in the comments section of this news item. Please read!

Submitted by jmcfarland33 on Mon, 05/14/2012 - 18:46

So i signed up does that mean im an alpha member? and do i have to buy something to recieve the slifer promo card? PLZ HELP??

Submitted by John Bae on Tue, 05/15/2012 - 09:24

Did you pay for an annual membership or have your print subscription transferred over? You need to fall in either of those categories to receive the promo cards.

Submitted by SliferTheCollector on Mon, 05/14/2012 - 20:16

I just wanna know, I'm about to purchase a subscription to the online Shonen Jump magazines, But I want to know is the offer for Slifer the Sky Dragon still available or are they all sold out? Because I don't wanna purchase the subscription and find out that there are no more Slifers available for mail order.

Submitted by John Bae on Tue, 05/15/2012 - 09:25

If you purchase a membership now, you will receive SLIFER as your first card. For those that signed up by April 20, their first card will be SHOCK MASTER, which will be sent out later this month. SLIFER should be sent out to members around 2-3 months after SHOCK MASTER.