Bakuman might not be over

Submitted by ShonenMangaka on Fri, 04/27/2012 - 20:44
Forums:

I know that the last Bakuman chapter has been published, but listen to this:
I was talking to a friend of mine, and he found this image: http://forums.mangafox.me/attachment.php?attachmentid=213320&d=1334975569

Now, on Mashiro's left, it says the 3rd season of the anime has been confirmed. HOWEVER! On his right, it says "From April, second series is confirmed." Given that there's already an anime, it might mean that there's going to be another part to Bakuman, like how Rosario+Vamipre has Season 2. If I were to make a guess, I'd say it would be Bakuman from Azuki's POV. What do you guys think?

Comments

Submitted by KentaYuki on Sat, 04/28/2012 - 11:43

Yeah that would be awesome, because personally I found the last chapter of Bakuman to be a little dull and cheesy for an ending, this is probably because they left the ending a bit too wide open. But didn't Ohba-sensei and Obata-sensei say that they were going to work on another series?

Submitted by ShonenMangaka on Mon, 04/30/2012 - 16:30

Unfortunately, it turns out that my friend's translation was wrong. It actually says that the reshowing of the Bakuman Season 2 anime is confirmed. That's too bad, but I really can't wait for Ohba and Obata-sensei's new series!

Submitted by pangjonny on Tue, 05/01/2012 - 14:53

i'm not sure if SJAlpha announced it, or if it was said in this forum earlier, but what will replace Bakuman in SJAlpha? Hopefully something like Reborn! or Gintama or Beelzebub...

Submitted by John Bae on Tue, 05/01/2012 - 15:22

Announcement will be made in next week's issue of ALPHA!

Submitted by Cisco9630 on Fri, 05/04/2012 - 15:06

Naw dude. As much as I love Bakuman, i think the series really is done.
in my opinion they should close it out so that bakuman will become a finished master piece and the creators can go ahead and write an another amazing story.

Submitted by lucky1386 on Sat, 05/05/2012 - 10:33

The series should end the way it is. The stories doesn't need to be retold, it wouldn't be as interesting, but that's just my opinion. The creators should just focus on making a new hit series. Bakuman's done, time to face the music