CARDS: Vote on the Next YU-GI-OH! Promo Card

Comments

Submitted by yomojo on Tue, 05/15/2012 - 20:20

vote for number40

Submitted by starlordtitus on Tue, 05/15/2012 - 20:21

This epic machine type can inflict 2000 burn damage and has 3000 atk AND def, what's not to like? Play Limiter Removal and go for double the damage! He's incredible enough to be played, but not so broken that he would be banned, for Hieratics it takes over 6 cards just to get him to the field, not to mention you can Effect Veiler Atum to stop the OTK all together. Gustaph is by far the best card of this vote. We need this card, how many Rank 10 XYZ monsters do we have? None. Go for Gustaph.

Submitted by LEAFVILLAGE080425 on Wed, 05/16/2012 - 08:14

i voted for number 15 since either 15 or 40 gives the tcg another rank 8 to work with. also i hate the hieratic otk, sucks all the fun out of the game. let gustaph come out in a pack, no need to make it crazy easy to get.

Submitted by starlordtitus on Wed, 05/16/2012 - 10:10

You guys are missing the main point, Gustaph is an essential part of Hieratics. It's like not having a Skill Drain in a Skill Drain deck. Gustaph is part of the Hieratics main form of attack. There's no OTK with out Gustaph in addition to making Red Eyes an obvious target without him. Not adding him would bring less players to the play style of OTK the Hieratics were originally supposed to have. GAOL has many good monster arch types but this is the premiere for Hieratics in TCG and thus shouldn't it be so by giving them one of their main cards? Gustaph in general can be added to many many decks and players would more importantly enjoy finding out the different ways to use him. In addition, if one feels the OTK is no fun then they're not trying to adapt to it, simply just trying to avoid it all together.

Even the mighty Shooting Quasar Dragon is not invincible. My friend Dante built his deck well and he won against many friends over and over because of Quasar, but I built an anti meta deck that took down his Quasar deck and all it's tricks, took down his Quasar, his Shooting Star, the works. The point is, no card is so over powered and broken in this game that is shouldn't be chosen to play. In fact choose Gustaph and SEE what you can do to stop it. You might find use in Barrel Behind The Door Again or the sort. But by all means, vote for Gustaph, and let it show that we can have an INCREDIBLE card, and still be Duelists enough to stand up to it.

Submitted by Chireru on Wed, 05/16/2012 - 10:45

the phantom lord renders even tuners as "non-tuners" its ideal for fiend decks and dark decks that are syncro focused!

Submitted by DARKMAGICIAN631385 on Thu, 05/17/2012 - 12:56

It don't matter what wins the poll even if it is Gustaph, by the time it is released it won't be TCG legal. At the most we'll get a month of play out of him.

Submitted by DARKMAGICIAN631385 on Thu, 05/17/2012 - 15:31

I have to wonder what happened to the rest of the cards from the previous Shonen Jump poll? Will we ever see those cards?

Submitted by John Bae on Thu, 05/17/2012 - 15:49

Konami holds the rights to those cards now since we decided to not hold on to them. All the cards you see in the poll are the ones we held on to the rights for. Everything else is now with Konami.

Submitted by BLACKWING.JENKI... on Sat, 06/23/2012 - 20:39

So in other words, the cards that don't get chosen will have their rights given to Konami, or is it up to SJ?

Submitted by DarkVant on Thu, 05/17/2012 - 13:05

An interesting card that just popped into my head today was "Dark Arena" (the field spell Titan played against Alexis in yugioh gx). I think that should eventually be a sj promo.

Submitted by John Bae on Thu, 05/17/2012 - 13:46

It would be up to the bigwigs in Japan should they want to release this card outside of its original digital format. And it would need to be released as a promotional item outside of Konami products for it to even receive consideration as a promo card.

Submitted by luckylucky777 on Thu, 05/17/2012 - 16:53

vote for no.15!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Submitted by chrischaffin on Thu, 05/17/2012 - 17:01

Vote for dragorado! it runs great with hieratic dragon decks, and any deck relying on normal monsters!

Submitted by langthoj on Thu, 05/17/2012 - 21:30

if we vote for gusta max we are going to be rich for a few months cause he will be just like tg hyper librarian

Submitted by kudari on Fri, 05/18/2012 - 04:24

gustaph max is the way to go. besides, it is a good way for people to start adapting to the new xyz monsters and finding ways to counter them or possibly use them to their advantage.

Submitted by ChaosYubel14 on Fri, 05/18/2012 - 12:57

Please vote for the Numbers everyone!

Submitted by DestinyHero94 on Fri, 05/18/2012 - 14:21

i have voted for number 40

Submitted by RedNovaKing on Fri, 05/18/2012 - 19:12

COSMIC BLAZAR DRAGON FTW!!!!

Submitted by starlordtitus on Fri, 05/18/2012 - 22:55

Wooooo! Wow what an amazing card! Can't wait for this bad boy! He's gonna rock with his amazing ability and versatile way of being brought out! The other cards are pretty cool but this guy is where the money AND the effect is at!

Submitted by AuraBlaze on Sat, 05/19/2012 - 13:10

Sirius the Blue Dog Star is what i voted for. I feel as though i have some sort of a connection with that card and i hope it wins. As for Number 40, well its a great card but i had to rule it out because it also destroys your face up monsters as well. ( But at least your left with Number 40, but still, it's to risky of a card and has many weaknesses. )

Submitted by DeamonPhenix on Sat, 05/19/2012 - 19:53

Effect- basically he allows you to Synchro summon a monster with only tuners. And in my opinion Xyz monsters are kinda' stupid. Easy to summon? Fairly weak. Hard to summon? Has whiplash effects.

Submitted by unforgiver on Sun, 05/20/2012 - 00:10

WHAT ABOUT SLIFER THE SKY DRAGON

Submitted by John Bae on Mon, 05/21/2012 - 09:49

We're voting on the card that comes out after SLIFER.

Submitted by JacksonBo on Mon, 05/21/2012 - 14:11

Make a new a Blackwing! I love those cards! :)

Submitted by lucky1386 on Sun, 05/20/2012 - 20:46

i always pick the dragon or warrior cards cuz they look the coolest lol!

Submitted by bwss21 on Mon, 05/21/2012 - 00:47

Their all good but it's more about the numbers I say number 40 best choice

Submitted by connordaileda on Mon, 05/21/2012 - 07:21

i definetly think they should do The Creator God of Light, Horakhty

Submitted by theduelingjuggalo on Mon, 05/21/2012 - 21:20

I'm gonna guess that'll be our 4th promo. Since they gave it away in Japan's JUMP, and in a few other give aways. Some people are saying it'll be a YCS card though

Submitted by tobisagoodboy907 on Mon, 05/21/2012 - 18:51

So my question is, are these all going to be promos eventually no matter how we vote now? If so, order really doesn't matter to me. If not, I'm very torn between the gimmick puppets and Dragorado (who is pro in hieratic deck btw)

Submitted by John Bae on Tue, 05/22/2012 - 10:12

Not all of these cards will be promos. As more promotional cards come out in Japan, we will more than likely give Konami the rights to some cards. We always want to have a pool of cards to choose from, but we won't hold on to them forever, thinking that they will all come out as promos.

Submitted by Onepiece15 on Mon, 05/21/2012 - 19:21

# 40, that is an awesome card right there

Submitted by zakraven on Mon, 05/21/2012 - 19:38

vote for mighty warrior everybody!!

Submitted by xXLostPaintingsOx on Mon, 05/21/2012 - 21:35

please please PLEASE vote for gustav thats the only card i need to complete my deck! >_<

Submitted by codezexal on Tue, 05/22/2012 - 20:59

I chose Gustav Max because I like Hieratics and they could really use a boost ,although I wish there were some help for Frognarchs also,I'm tired of Rescue Rabbit and Inzektors.

Submitted by G.ZABEL7067 on Wed, 05/23/2012 - 04:26

Um... when exactly does this poll close? I'm sure everyone wants to
know what the third card is going to be. Also... what kind of bribe
would SJ take so that it WILL be Number 15 or 40? JK.

Submitted by reaperlogan on Wed, 05/23/2012 - 06:56

will shockmaster be given out again and if your not eligable then would you only recieve 3 cards just want to know thanks

Submitted by John Bae on Wed, 05/23/2012 - 10:18

I'm trying to find out when I can reveal results. I'm hoping I can let you guys know after San Diego Comic-Con, but that depends on when the big boys will let me do so.

Submitted by eforce on Wed, 05/23/2012 - 13:14

I voted for sirius the blue dog star. Since the first promo card was a XYZ monsters and the second is an effect monster. I feel the next promo card should be a synchro monster in honor of yugioh 5ds. Plus sirius has a nice ability.

Submitted by krains123 on Wed, 05/23/2012 - 14:11

A legal version of Slifer/Osaris The Sky Dragon.

Submitted by John Bae on Wed, 05/23/2012 - 14:16

That has already been confirmed as the second ALPHA card. We are now voting on the third.

Submitted by GDLuffy on Wed, 05/23/2012 - 14:39

I don't know what number 40 does, but i need numbers and machine xyz monsters, so go number 40!!!

Submitted by Porkchop1592 on Wed, 05/23/2012 - 15:34

I think Number 15 is cool. He's the number of my date of birth. I want him so bad!!!

Submitted by reaperlogan on Wed, 05/23/2012 - 15:52

so if you didnt sign up in time for shockmaster you dont get him and you only get 3 cards thats saddening
=(

Submitted by John Bae on Wed, 05/23/2012 - 16:05

NO! You will get whatever cards are released during the duration of your membership, meaning you will get at least 4 cards. You may have been to late for SHOCK MASTER, but you will still get your four cards (meaning it'll probably start with SLIFER and then end sometime next year with whatever card comes out).

Submitted by reaperlogan on Wed, 05/23/2012 - 17:04

ok thanks

Submitted by reaperlogan on Thu, 05/24/2012 - 13:39

are you aloud to tell us how many people have voted? or is that considered revealing results

Submitted by John Bae on Thu, 05/24/2012 - 14:01

Over 8K have voted so far. I'm still figuring out when I'm allowed to post results.

Submitted by starlordtitus on Thu, 05/24/2012 - 16:19

Woooooooo Let's go Gustaph! The one card to complete Hieratics for FTW! Move over Inzektors and Windups, the gods of Heliopolis are here to rule!!!!

Submitted by reaperlogan on Fri, 05/25/2012 - 06:17

woah thats alot of people thanks for telling us i appreciat it

Submitted by reaperlogan on Fri, 05/25/2012 - 07:08