CARDS: And the Next SJ ALPHA Promo Is...

UPDATE: The deadline date for becoming an SJ Alpha member and receiving Slifer the Sky Dragon is July 11, 2012! Sign up now before it's too late!

SHIPPING UPDATE: We have just received word that Slifer the Sky Dragon was sent out today (August 27, 2012), so expect to receive your cards soon!

Thinking about becoming an SJ Alpha member? If you become a member by July 11, 2012, you'll get our next Yu-Gi-Oh! promo card—Slifer the Sky Dragon! Fans of the print SHONEN JUMP magazine have already been treated to two previous God Cards (Obelisk and Ra), and now the trilogy is complete with this release. Just like the other God cards, each Slifer the Sky Dragon has Kazuki Takahashi Sensei's printed signature!

Slifer the Sky Dragon

[Divine-Beast/Effect]
Requires 3 Tributes to Normal Summon (cannot be Normal Set). This card's Normal Summon cannot be negated. When Normal Summoned, cards and effects cannot be activated. During the End Phase, if this card was Special Summoned: Send it to the Graveyard. This card gains 1000 ATK and DEF for each card in your hand. When a monster(s) is Normal or Special Summoned to your opponent's side of the field in face-up Attack Position: That monster(s) loses 2000 ATK, then if its ATK has been reduced to 0 as a result, destroy it.

Become a member today and receive this card as a promo gift!

Wondering how you'll get cards or when the first promo will be sent out? If you have more promo card questions, click HERE for answers!

Cards
Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG Official Site

Comments

Submitted by SliferObeliskRa... on Tue, 05/15/2012 - 09:38

finaly they realese the god card to end all god cards... SLIFER THE SKY DRAGON!

Submitted by SliferTheCollector on Tue, 05/15/2012 - 14:40

Alright, I signed up for a membership to SJalpha or the online Shonen Jump Magazines. Does this mean I am Guaranteed a Slifer the Sky Dragon card?

Also, when it gets shipped, Do you have a way that you are going to ship it mint/ not bent?

Submitted by John Bae on Tue, 05/15/2012 - 15:55

You will definitely get SLIFER. Make sure that your VIZmanga.com profile has your mailing address on there.

As for how it will be shipped, your guess is as good as mine. I'm involved with editorial, so i am not sure what they are doing to ensure the cards come in mint condition. However, I am certain there will be measure taken to make sure your card gets there safely. And if by chance it doesn't, make sure to let customer service (sjalpha@viz.com) know. They'll be sure to help you out with any issues you have with the cards.

Submitted by xadavia on Tue, 05/15/2012 - 17:07

Hello, I signed up for a membership to SJalpha or the online Shonen Jump Magazines. for 1 year. Does this mean I am Guaranteed a Slifer the Sky Dragon card?

Submitted by John Bae on Wed, 05/16/2012 - 09:53

See my response right above your comment.

Submitted by John Bae on Wed, 05/16/2012 - 09:54

Just make sure that your mailing address is filled out and correct in your VIZmanga.com profile. For instructions on how to do this, plus more answers to other questions, go here:

Submitted by LEAFVILLAGE080425 on Wed, 05/16/2012 - 20:26

ok just a quick question i was originally a magazine subscriber and was automatically converted to a two year subscription to alpha back in march. took care of all the log in stuff for vizmanga.com (including shipping address) and this site at that time. so my question is when can i expect to recieve number 16 : shock master, or should i have recieved it already or did i miss out on it by chance?

Submitted by LEAFVILLAGE080425 on Wed, 05/16/2012 - 20:30

ignore this comment just read something that explained everything for me? srry, im a bit tired and didnt think to look around the site first

Submitted by leonjack2012 on Thu, 05/17/2012 - 09:42

if we should vote for a promo ive Always liked the trap card "Dark Renewal". how on earth did this card never appear as an official playable card?! it would be great for a classic Black Magician deck. like mine.it be cool anyways..

Submitted by John Bae on Thu, 05/17/2012 - 13:43

Keep in mind that all the cards in the poll have been released in Japan as promotional items in products not released by Konami. Cards that are not yet released in any format (like "Dark Renewal") are not up for consideration because...well, there is no card out yet!

Submitted by Shotlock on Thu, 05/17/2012 - 14:32

John, there are so many idiots on this site. Thank you for awnserign there questions 20 TIMES ON THE SAME PAGE.
I salute you,
Also, what card would you want to win? :3

Submitted by John Bae on Thu, 05/17/2012 - 15:11

It can get tiring, but I understand that people want answers now as opposed to digging through the site for their answers.

Also, for what card I'd like to see...too hard to pick only one! I'd go for an Xyz because I haven't really tried them out yet, but will in the neartime future.

Submitted by chrischaffin on Thu, 05/17/2012 - 17:13

Slifer is my favorite of the three gods,and with this awesome effect, it's totally going in my deck!

Submitted by xadavia on Fri, 05/18/2012 - 04:55

Hello,
I have a question. I might be relocating within the next few months and i'm a little worried that slifer might be sent to my current address and if or when i move it might be during that time. what happens if i move and slifer arrives at my current address and i change the address on my profile too late?

Thanks

Submitted by John Bae on Fri, 05/18/2012 - 09:15

Slifer does not ship out until a couple months after SHOCK MASTER, which goes out in late May to those that qualify. You should be fine. Just update your mailing address in your VIZmanga.com account.

Submitted by fearthetaco on Fri, 05/18/2012 - 13:54

When does the card get sent out?

Submitted by John Bae on Fri, 05/18/2012 - 14:46

Umm... see my comment... right above yours!

Submitted by SliferTheCollector on Sat, 05/19/2012 - 18:24

I believe we usually get just 1 Slifer in the mail. But awhile ago I heard that we might get more than 1 Slifer for each person.

Why's that and how many?

Submitted by John Bae on Mon, 05/21/2012 - 09:48

Each member gets one SLIFER.

Submitted by darkclowd on Sun, 05/20/2012 - 10:32

i have one question, i haven't received Number 16: Shock Master yugioh card yet. and i sign up to dig couple months ago to get it. i'm i to later? should i talk to the customer service about? i don't if anyone got there's yet either. thank you for your time

Submitted by John Bae on Mon, 05/21/2012 - 09:48

Look at my reply a few posts up from your comment.

Submitted by mikecurley8264 on Thu, 05/24/2012 - 19:06

I have my receipt for my payment I used through Paypal. I paid through Amazon for my membership. And the expiration section says I am not a member. My payment was done on April 27th. So I don't get what is going on. I have sent three emails to the customer support and I only got two replies, of which did not help or contact me back whenever I replied. I am trying to figure out what is going on here because if I paid for a membership, then I want my Slifer The Sky Dragon as well as the other cards that come with the membership, but I refuse to be ripped off and forced to pay for something I won't be able to get.

Submitted by John Bae on Fri, 05/25/2012 - 11:11

Writing in to sjalpha@viz.com is your best bet... What is your username on VIZmanga.com? I can try to see if we can help out, but no guarantees, since we're not involved with the technical side of ALPHA.

Submitted by Modab on Fri, 05/25/2012 - 11:48

I don't think anyone is staffing viz support anymore. It's like a ghost town. This is getting pretty serious.

Submitted by reaperlogan on Fri, 05/25/2012 - 06:20

is there a card that lets you hold as many cards as possible just like a combo card for slifer

Submitted by democon112 on Fri, 05/25/2012 - 07:44

infinite cards

Submitted by BEARSDENNJ3566 on Fri, 05/25/2012 - 10:57

Now Halokty needs to be released to complete the set.

Submitted by jhone89 on Thu, 06/21/2012 - 06:25

Hmm....it's...possible! They said that they never planned to release playable versions of the Egyptian Gods! I'll bet whoever said that is just eating their words now!

Submitted by armario15 on Fri, 05/25/2012 - 12:16

how many days will it take for the card to be shipped

Submitted by John Bae on Fri, 05/25/2012 - 13:21

Your guess would be as good as ours since I'm just an editor and not involved with the process of shipping the cards out.

Submitted by silversan22 on Wed, 05/30/2012 - 17:12

So, this card destroys any monster summoned with 2000> ATK? This card can counter some of the most popular decks out there right now. (I'm looking at you, Wind-Ups and Inzektors.)

Submitted by AnimeBros777 on Wed, 05/30/2012 - 19:25

If we subscribed about 2 days ago do we get Slifer or do we get the card after Slifer.

Submitted by AnimeBros777 on Wed, 05/30/2012 - 19:28

Never mind I didn't read the descriptions yet, sorry!!

Submitted by reaperlogan on Thu, 05/31/2012 - 05:44

when can you reveal the voting pole results

Submitted by shaverman on Sat, 06/02/2012 - 09:32
Submitted by shaverman on Sun, 06/03/2012 - 16:33

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Submitted by Thedragonwolfking on Mon, 06/04/2012 - 14:23

Question why did I get 2 shock masters I mean should slifer been the second card after shock master ?

Submitted by zoro1999 on Tue, 06/05/2012 - 15:22

i just got two shock masters

Submitted by Vampirej1991 on Thu, 06/07/2012 - 12:12

It's june and I have yet to receive my Shock Master so...

Submitted by DAS48 on Thu, 06/07/2012 - 22:33

Are we going to get the next three promo cards before January?

Submitted by John Bae on Fri, 06/08/2012 - 10:25

Members that qualified for SHOCK MASTER should receive four cards from now until the end of the year.

Submitted by Slifer3 on Sat, 06/09/2012 - 19:38

how many slifeers do we get

Submitted by Hamon240 on Sun, 06/10/2012 - 09:39

So my membership ends 7/30 but they say to sign up by 7/22 to get Slifer shipped to you. My question is will I still get the card or do I have to re-new and won't get it at all? Because i'm working on making a copy of Yugi's deck and I have the SJ Obelisk and Ra so I really need this card!!!!

Submitted by John Bae on Tue, 06/12/2012 - 17:03

I think you do qualify for this card, but I'd check in with customer service at sjalpha@viz.com to make sure.

Submitted by jhone89 on Thu, 06/21/2012 - 06:31

I hate to disturb you, but, do I still qualify? I subscribed yesterday upon finding a link saying that Slifer was the next promo card you were going to release. Slifer was my favorite of the three...mostly because it was the first one Yugi got...but anyway, I'm just hoping that I'm not too late. After all, I'm kind of cutting it close to the deadline!

Submitted by John Bae on Thu, 06/21/2012 - 10:25
Submitted by jhone89 on Thu, 06/21/2012 - 17:22

Thank you! That clears things up for me!

Submitted by zzcar1 on Sun, 06/10/2012 - 17:19

soo we all get 1 cool

Submitted by MasterofManga on Tue, 06/12/2012 - 17:03

I just got my Shock Master the other day. Weird thing is, they sent me two...awell. I can't wait to get this card!

Submitted by ssjburrito on Thu, 06/14/2012 - 13:54

Can I get this if I sign up with the trial option?