IMPORTANT: INFO REGARDING PROMO CARDS

Submitted by John Bae on Mon, 04/16/2012 - 13:10

There have been numerous comments and posts regarding the promo cards. Hopefully this answers everything:

1. When will I get SHOCK MASTER?
If you signed up to be an SJ ALPHA member before April 20, 2012, you will get SHOCK MASTER. For those that qualify, SHOCK MASTER will be sent out sometime around May to June.

2. When is the next promo card coming out?
The next card, SLIFER THE SKY DRAGON, was announced on April 21, 2012. If you sign up for ALPHA after April 20, 2012, this will be your first promo card. Dates on when you should expect the card will be announced as soon as the details are worked out, but for a general timeframe, expect to receive SLIFER about a couple months after SHOCK MASTER goes out. UPDATE: The final date to sign-up for SJ Alpha and receive SLIFER is July 11, 2012.

3. How often are promo cards released?
4 times throughout the year.

4. I'm already an SJ ALPHA member. Will I receive promo cards?
Yes! Make sure your VIZmanga.com account has your mailing address (find out how to do so HERE). You will get whatever cards are released during the duration of your membership, so if you have a year-long membership, expect to receive at least four cards (some lucky ones might get more!).

5. Will it be delivered to my home?
Yes! Please be sure to input your mailing address in your VIZmanga.com profile.

6. I transferred over my subscription from print to digital. Will I get cards?
Yes. You will get whatever cards are released during the duration of your transferred membership. HOWEVER, please be sure that your VIZmanga.com account profile has your latest mailing address.

Hope this answers everyones' questions.

Comments

Submitted by John Bae on Wed, 05/02/2012 - 15:22

I would do two things:

1. Make sure to update your shipping address, should it change, ASAP. Also, contact sjalpha@viz.com just in case.

2. Set up mail-forwarding services with your postal carrier. I don't know the details on how cards will be shipped out (whether if it's through USPS, FedEx or UPS), but mail-forwarding is probably something you want to consider should you move.

Submitted by Yugiohking on Wed, 05/02/2012 - 14:43

How is a promo card from SJ Alpha packaged exactly, when actually mailed? I would like to know that the card I'm supposed to get is safe and is in perfect condition.

Submitted by John Bae on Wed, 05/02/2012 - 15:20

Since we're just the editorial staff and not involved with the production and shipping of the cards from the warehouse, your guess would be as good as ours...

Submitted by John Bae on Thu, 07/19/2012 - 11:36

It should be packaged so that the card is not damaged during delivery. If you do receive a defective or damaged card, let us know ASAP at sjalpha@viz.com. Also, include a photo of the card if possible.

Submitted by HpSaini on Thu, 05/03/2012 - 11:41

if i buy the 99 cent member ship will i still get slifer the sky dragon as a promo card in my mail?

Submitted by John Bae on Thu, 05/03/2012 - 16:51

No. Only those that are members (meaning you paid for a year-long membership, or had your print subscription transferred over) receive cards.

Submitted by WWW.DEREK9614 on Sun, 05/06/2012 - 12:02

Are you guys gunna make a schedule or are you gunna randomly mail us the cards?

Submitted by John Bae on Mon, 05/07/2012 - 10:03

Since we will release 4 cards a year, expect one every 3 months or so. However, this year is on a bit of a shortened schedule, since the first card, SHOCK MASTER, will go out soon (May-June). After that we will release 3 more cards by the end of the year.

Submitted by reaperlogan on Wed, 05/23/2012 - 06:32

so wait if your not eligable to recieve shock master do you only get 3 cards =(

Submitted by John Bae on Wed, 05/23/2012 - 10:19

If you have a year-long membership, you will get at least four cards throughout your membership. For the duration of your membership, whatever cards are released, you will receive. And if you're lucky, you might even get five (depending on dates).

Submitted by NAMELEISONFIRE on Sun, 05/06/2012 - 16:39

so do i need a 12 month sub for 25 bucks in order to get the card?

Submitted by John Bae on Mon, 05/07/2012 - 10:01

You need to be a yearly member of ALPHA, or a print subscriber who transferred their subscription, to get promo cards.

Submitted by ljrice on Mon, 05/28/2012 - 06:15

subscription a yearly one

Submitted by Yugiohking on Tue, 05/08/2012 - 06:33

How long does it usually take for Shonen Jump Alpha (sjalpha@viz.com) to respond to you, if you e-mail questions to them about the shipping of promo Yugioh cards? I sent them an e-mail quite a while ago, asking about how shipping for Slifer the Sky Dragon and the other cards, like you suggested, and they still haven't answered. Could they be facing a glitch?

Submitted by John Bae on Wed, 05/09/2012 - 10:27

Give them a day or two.

Submitted by Yugiohking on Thu, 05/10/2012 - 05:47

I already did, and it has been a week since I sent that message (May 3, now May 10). Is it possible that the message was blocked by a spam blocker or a firewall? Do you suggest me to try sending it again?

Submitted by zakk04 on Thu, 05/10/2012 - 00:37

i signed up yesterday do i get a shockmaster :o

Submitted by John Bae on Thu, 05/10/2012 - 10:19

No. Your first card will be SLIFER. The SHOCK MASTER promotion ended on April 20. You had to have signed up by then to receive that card (which goes out in May-June).

Submitted by sparkylarson on Thu, 05/10/2012 - 14:16

Will i get the next premo card evin if i am already a member?

Submitted by John Bae on Thu, 05/10/2012 - 15:25

See item 4 in the original post...

Submitted by jmcfarland33 on Mon, 05/14/2012 - 18:40

So i signed up does this mean im an Alpha member and do i have to buy anything to recieve Slifer the Sky Dragon?

Submitted by John Bae on Tue, 05/15/2012 - 12:53

Copy-and-pasting my reply from your other comment:

Did you pay for an annual membership or have your print subscription transferred over? You need to fall in either of those categories to receive the promo cards.

Submitted by Yugiohking on Wed, 05/16/2012 - 05:58

So when the day that Slifer the Sky Dragon will be shipped comes closer, are you going to e-mail us to let us know, so we can make sure that the shipping address that we posted on Viz Manga is complete and accurate? That would be great.

Submitted by John Bae on Wed, 05/16/2012 - 15:05

I'll probably make a forum topic announcement for this. I'm not sure if they'll send out an email reminder, but I'm guessing they'll do something to announce the end of the promotion.

Submitted by RPKyle on Fri, 05/18/2012 - 20:11

i have been waiting of slifer for over several weeks and have yet to get him? how long should slifer to arrive in the mail?

Submitted by John Bae on Mon, 05/21/2012 - 09:52

Please read the news item. Your answer is there.

Submitted by salbert31 on Sat, 05/19/2012 - 02:35

im still waiting on the xyz monster benn 7 or 8 weeks now

Submitted by Johnnieboi on Sat, 05/19/2012 - 15:48

My cards still have not arrived and my subscription transferred over from print and everything is in order to receive them as well.... whats up with this? Also, never even received my librarian a long time ago either

Submitted by John Bae on Mon, 05/21/2012 - 09:50

Your answer is in this news item. Please read it carefully.

Submitted by salbert31 on Sat, 05/19/2012 - 22:33

i switched my acount over in april and have not recieved any cards is there a number to call or do i wait

Submitted by John Bae on Mon, 05/21/2012 - 09:50

Your answer is in the news item. Please read it thoroughly.

Submitted by John Bae on Mon, 05/21/2012 - 09:50

Guys! ALL YOUR ANSWERS ARE IN THE NEWS ITEM! PLEASE READ!

Submitted by Archfiend00 on Mon, 05/21/2012 - 16:40

why haven't I recieved Vol 3 & 4 of the printed magazine even though I'v held a subscription for years?

Submitted by mikejones on Tue, 05/22/2012 - 12:11

Which issue will slifer be in?

Submitted by John Bae on Tue, 05/22/2012 - 14:16
Submitted by balanced123 on Tue, 05/22/2012 - 18:39

=(
Slifer is such a waste; it's going to be just a collectors card

Submitted by reaperlogan on Wed, 05/23/2012 - 06:31

actually its a usable one with a effect just not red colored card thats all

Submitted by SoraFireSoul on Wed, 05/23/2012 - 13:52

When will i get my Slifer The Sky Dragon

Submitted by John Bae on Wed, 05/23/2012 - 14:06
Submitted by Trunks20 on Wed, 05/23/2012 - 14:50

So does Slifer also count if you signed up before April.

Submitted by John Bae on Wed, 05/23/2012 - 15:07

The answer to your question is in the news item you are commenting on.

EDIT: It's in item 4.

Submitted by John Bae on Wed, 05/23/2012 - 15:09

For most of the questions asked in the comments section, the answers can be found...in this news item! Please read before asking a question.

Submitted by Thedragonwolfking on Wed, 05/23/2012 - 18:35

I did the alpha on march / April and I have a free subscription from them would I still get shock master and other cards and I don't know if i would still get them and is there anyway to find out if u get them or can anybody help me plz and thank u

Submitted by John Bae on Thu, 05/24/2012 - 10:25

Read the original post you are commenting on. Your answer is there.

Submitted by SilentTerra on Thu, 05/24/2012 - 09:36

I am curious about the Slifer the Sky Dragon Card with effect it was supossed to come in Shonen Jump so How can I get it as well as my other card(s) that I havent recieved to my address mail ans I am currently still waiting for them >.<

Submitted by John Bae on Thu, 05/24/2012 - 10:25

Read the original post you are commenting on. Your answer is there.

Submitted by John Bae on Thu, 05/24/2012 - 10:22

Again, all the answers to these questions can be found in the news item you are commenting on. Please read it first before asking a question.

Submitted by BEWDMstr on Fri, 05/25/2012 - 11:25

Is there any way to get shock master if you missed said deadlines?

Submitted by Thedragonwolfking on Sat, 05/26/2012 - 19:11

Is there a way to track the shipping on the promo cards or what can u do ?

Submitted by dethklok980 on Mon, 05/28/2012 - 18:17

Dont know if it was already answered but seeing it is just about June has the release date on Slifer The Sky Dragon been thrown out there yet?