CARDS: SJ ALPHA Promo!

SJ Alpha members! To celebrate the launch of our new digital manga magazine, Weekly SHONEN JUMP Alpha has joined forces with Konami to delight Duelists and manga fans with a special offer. SJ Alpha members will get four exclusive Yu-Gi-Oh! cards delivered right to your doorstep! First up to bat: Number 16: Shock Master! Sign up by April 20th to add this Xyz powerhouse monster to your arsenal.

Number 16: Shock Master

[Fairy/Xyz/Effect]
STATS:
ATK/2300    DEF/1600
REQUIREMENTS: 3 Level 4 Monsters
EFFECT: Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card to declare a card type (Monster, Spell, or Trap); that type of card (if Spell or Trap) cannot be activated, or (if Monster) cannot activate its effects, until the end of your opponent's next turn.

Become a member today and receive this card as your first promo gift!

Have more promo card questions? Click HERE for your answers!

The offer for SHOCK MASTER ends on April 20, 2012! Sign up by then to get this card!

EDIT: (Updated 5/30/2012) For members that qualify, this card is being sent out as we speak. Expect to receive it within the next couple weeks or so.

Cards
Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG Official Site

Comments

Submitted by animecraze69 on Thu, 05/10/2012 - 16:23

The trade was a rip off th c39 for number 12 was so not worth it the c39 was worth way more especially if it came from pack... But I guess if you like the card it was a good trade lol I want all the numbers!!!! Even if I go broke and have to eat ramen each month I'll be bying them one by one!!! Keh keh keh Nyah! 8P

Submitted by ljrice on Sun, 05/13/2012 - 07:58

i had more then one of c39 no worries i still have both

Submitted by calumf on Sun, 05/13/2012 - 02:45

I Didn't get Shock Master!!

Submitted by recentteen14 on Sun, 05/13/2012 - 06:45

It's being sent out during May AND June, so you'll get it soon enough.

Submitted by Queenlandskoala on Thu, 05/17/2012 - 19:12

I still have not recieved my number 16 Shock Master when will it come thank you

Submitted by John Bae on Fri, 05/18/2012 - 09:13

Read the news item. Your answer is there.

Submitted by GDLuffy on Wed, 05/23/2012 - 12:27

What news item?

Submitted by John Bae on Wed, 05/23/2012 - 14:08

The one you are commenting on.

Submitted by reaperlogan on Tue, 05/22/2012 - 13:11

will shock master ever be given out again or not

Submitted by GDLuffy on Wed, 05/23/2012 - 12:25

I have not gotten my shock master yet, and it is my summer vacation. When will i get my card? Also will i be getting any other cards?

Submitted by John Bae on Wed, 05/23/2012 - 14:08

Read the news item you are commenting on.

Submitted by ShadowXIII on Wed, 05/23/2012 - 19:18

if I get the 4 weeks for 99 cents will i still get the promo card?

Submitted by John Bae on Thu, 05/24/2012 - 10:23

Submitted by Cheesybread on Tue, 05/29/2012 - 19:10

At this point in time, when are we actually getting it? I'm going to assume not May, is there a specific date at this point?

Submitted by StarDragonJP on Fri, 06/01/2012 - 18:18

are we still going to get 4 cards cause this point it doesnt seem like it?

Submitted by mrml97 on Sat, 06/02/2012 - 00:28

It states as long as you have a active year membership before June 22, 2012 you will get the cards.

Submitted by wackywonderwands on Sat, 06/02/2012 - 04:17

ok i enlisted membership in shonen jump alpha since february, i yet have not seen any promised promo cards sinced , the last promised shock master .
what should i do?

Submitted by TheOneWithNoName on Mon, 06/04/2012 - 13:18

Thanks SJ, for sending me two copies of this card. I already have plans for the second card.

Submitted by Thedragonwolfking on Mon, 06/04/2012 - 14:05

Question why did I get 2 shock masters I mean should slifer been the second card after shock master ?

Submitted by ZIKACHU on Mon, 06/04/2012 - 14:15

I got my cards in the mail today expecting a playable Slifer the Sky Dragon but got 2 Number 16: Shock Masters instead. Will i ever get that Slifer?

Submitted by John Bae on Mon, 06/04/2012 - 14:44

AGAIN, Slifer is the second ALPHA promo that will be sent out a couple months from now. The first card you receive, for those that qualify, is SHOCK MASTER.

Submitted by Thedragonwolfking on Mon, 06/04/2012 - 15:15

Yeah some how I got 2 and my sister has the same thing and they said it would be in may-june

Submitted by Ikano on Mon, 06/04/2012 - 18:21

Please don't tell me that getting 2 shock masters counts for 2 out of the 4 yearly cards we're supposed to get..... (thus resulting in a total of only 3 different cards)

Submitted by John Bae on Tue, 06/05/2012 - 09:27

No. That was just a mistake. You were lucky to be one of the ones to receive two cards instead of one.

Submitted by DragonKMS on Tue, 06/05/2012 - 00:54

getting 2 of the cards may be a way of them "apoligizing" for going total digital or for something else... im not sure though. because i signed up on may 31st will i got a shock master? i signed up to mainly get the god card and later Horakhty if it ever comes out...

Submitted by John Bae on Tue, 06/05/2012 - 09:27

No. People receiving 2 cards were lucky because that was a mistake made by the shipping company.

As for your first card, it will be SLIFER, which will go out in a couple months from now.

Submitted by 123456bkkk on Wed, 06/06/2012 - 03:28

so if i didnt sign up in april i dont get shock master but im still getting 4 cards just not number 16

Submitted by zoro1999 on Tue, 06/05/2012 - 15:05

next should be dark smog

Submitted by CeoleMizurai on Tue, 06/05/2012 - 15:32

They wouldn't reprint a card that was already release in a pack as a sjaplha promote. Sure, they did for Blue-Eyes, but that's about it. I'm not sure if Dark smog will even be reprinted. That's just my thought, though. I hope this makes sense.

Submitted by colonelmcdoogle on Thu, 06/07/2012 - 15:33

I signed up April 8th and still haven't gotten one while everyone else seems to be getting more than what they payed for. How long do I have to wait before I know you've forgotten to send me one?

Submitted by John Bae on Thu, 06/07/2012 - 16:09

Wait until the end of next week. If you still don't have it, contact us at sjalpha@viz.com.

Submitted by colonelmcdoogle on Thu, 06/07/2012 - 22:13

Thanks for the quick response. I'll keep an eye out till then.

Submitted by richasianman on Thu, 06/07/2012 - 16:06

I'm getting pretty worried about my Shock Master. Since everyone has been getting 2, what if they run out of prints and the people who haven't gotten it never do? I'm hoping it comes in soon, but is there any number I can call or e-mail I can send a message to regarding this issue? I'd look through all the comments but there's just so many of them.

Submitted by John Bae on Thu, 06/07/2012 - 16:08

Trust me. We won't run out of prints. If you haven't received it by end of next week, then there's a chance a mistake was made. If you still don't have it by then, contact us at sjalpha@viz.com.

Submitted by ljrice on Thu, 06/07/2012 - 17:13

since i live in canada would customs be holding it

Submitted by manny30 on Tue, 06/12/2012 - 07:15

yo whats the f*ckin hold up with slifer man

Submitted by John Bae on Tue, 06/12/2012 - 09:29

Please read the articles on this site. The first card, SHOCK MASTER, just got sent out. SLIFER won't go out until a couple months from now.

One last thing, please watch how your language and how you interact with others. Consider this a warning.

Submitted by John Bae on Tue, 06/12/2012 - 10:24

And by the way, check your previous comments. You've asked this same question and I've given you the same reply.

Submitted by NoelV on Tue, 06/19/2012 - 16:41

I am a No. hunter so idont care if we get No.40 or15

Submitted by Yatesuro on Tue, 06/19/2012 - 21:06

Hey there. I'm an SJ Alpha member from Ohio, and I was wondering when my Shock Master(s) would be coming. I know it was supposed to be between May and June, but just wanted to make sure I'd be getting my Yu-Gi-Oh! card. :)

Submitted by John Bae on Wed, 06/20/2012 - 10:12

You should have received it by now. Write to sjalpha@viz.com and let them know your situation (what the problem is and your VIZmanga.com account name).

Submitted by Mario85555 on Thu, 06/28/2012 - 09:40

Guys, Slifer isn't coming out 'til the next few months. Most likely August or September. Although if anybody has one of these shock masters, I want it, so look for me at youtube.

Submitted by CLOUDSLASHER5227 on Tue, 07/10/2012 - 08:27

my faith in this company is dwindling as I continue to wait for now 2 promo cards to be delivered after i have talked to the customer service representatives 3 times now. if they are trying to sell us on this online service with the main benefit that the cards will still be delivered then they better deliver what they promise.

Submitted by John Bae on Tue, 07/10/2012 - 10:11

The latest I have heard is that another shipment of cards to people was going out. The latest you can expect it would be at the end of the month (again, this is the latest), and possibly packaged together with SLIFER.

As a note on the "two" cards. That was a mistake that was sent in the original shipment of cards. You will, in the future, only receive one copy of each promo card you qualify for.

Submitted by joel117 on Sun, 07/22/2012 - 00:23

ok im new here and i just wanted to know if i get the 99c week thingy will i still get slifer just a question help please

Submitted by GHO5T on Tue, 07/24/2012 - 10:48

I updated my address and profile information by the deadline and I never received the card! What else needed to be done? I have friends that never renewed or even updated to Alpha by the deadline and somehow received the cards. Why am I the exception???