CARDS: And the Next SJ ALPHA Promo Is...

UPDATE: The deadline date for becoming an SJ Alpha member and receiving Slifer the Sky Dragon is July 11, 2012! Sign up now before it's too late!

SHIPPING UPDATE: We have just received word that Slifer the Sky Dragon was sent out today (August 27, 2012), so expect to receive your cards soon!

Thinking about becoming an SJ Alpha member? If you become a member by July 11, 2012, you'll get our next Yu-Gi-Oh! promo card—Slifer the Sky Dragon! Fans of the print SHONEN JUMP magazine have already been treated to two previous God Cards (Obelisk and Ra), and now the trilogy is complete with this release. Just like the other God cards, each Slifer the Sky Dragon has Kazuki Takahashi Sensei's printed signature!

Slifer the Sky Dragon

[Divine-Beast/Effect]
Requires 3 Tributes to Normal Summon (cannot be Normal Set). This card's Normal Summon cannot be negated. When Normal Summoned, cards and effects cannot be activated. During the End Phase, if this card was Special Summoned: Send it to the Graveyard. This card gains 1000 ATK and DEF for each card in your hand. When a monster(s) is Normal or Special Summoned to your opponent's side of the field in face-up Attack Position: That monster(s) loses 2000 ATK, then if its ATK has been reduced to 0 as a result, destroy it.

Become a member today and receive this card as a promo gift!

Wondering how you'll get cards or when the first promo will be sent out? If you have more promo card questions, click HERE for answers!

Cards
Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG Official Site

Comments

Submitted by ssjburrito on Thu, 06/14/2012 - 13:54

Can I get this if I sign up with the trial option?

Submitted by John Bae on Thu, 06/14/2012 - 15:13

No. You must either fall under one of two categories: Sign up as a new member for a year. Or, if you were a print subscriber with an active subscription when the print magazine ended, you can transfer your membership over and be eligible to receive cards.

Submitted by rafafafanu on Fri, 06/15/2012 - 19:29

if i sign up for a year subscription now will i still get slifer the sky dragon?

Submitted by John Bae on Tue, 06/19/2012 - 14:25

Yes. But do it soon!

Submitted by SliferTheCollector on Sun, 06/17/2012 - 08:20

I'm just wondering, what would happen if I don't receive my Slifer the Sky Dragon card?

What if they miss my address?

What if they run out

What if postage gets lost?

Or what if they decide not to ship it to me at all?

I really want Slifer, I'm just worried that I won't get it at all for a certain reason.

Submitted by John Bae on Tue, 06/19/2012 - 14:25

Why don't we worry about those things should they happen. SLIFER is scheduled to go out a couple months from now. When I have more exact dates, I'll be sure to let everyone know.

Submitted by Lizzy on Wed, 06/27/2012 - 09:49

Oh, poor John you are going mad already! I think people just dont want to read anymore for some reasons only known to them. I wish others could help you out with all these conplains and stuff cause you need a vacation John.

Submitted by legendarycollector on Tue, 06/19/2012 - 13:31

So, I just created an account, but what else do i have to do to get this card? Just wondering.

Submitted by John Bae on Tue, 06/19/2012 - 14:24

Did you get the yearly membership for SJ ALPHA? If so, then the only thing you have to do is make sure that your mailing address is inputted in your VIZmanga.com profile.

Thanks!

Submitted by bernie211 on Tue, 06/19/2012 - 15:30

Finally we get the legal slifer the sky dragon gona be beast :D

Submitted by darkkanata49 on Wed, 06/20/2012 - 17:10

FINALLY!

Submitted by jkphantom on Wed, 06/20/2012 - 22:41

Slifer! Slifer! Slifer! Slifer! Slifer! Slifer! Slifer! Slifer! Slifer! Slifer! Slifer! Slifer! Slifer! Slifer! Slifer! Slifer! Slifer! Slifer! Slifer! Slifer! Slifer! Slifer! Slifer! Slifer! Slifer! Slifer! Slifer! Slifer! Slifer! Slifer! Slifer! Slifer!............. Slifer! Slifer! Slifer! Slifer! Slifer! Slifer! Slifer! Slifer! Slifer! Slifer!.............

Submitted by jhone89 on Thu, 06/21/2012 - 06:10

I have gotta say: The artwork for Slifer looks AWESOME! Still, it's too bad they couldn't use the original artwork for the God Cards....

Submitted by Fenrir on Thu, 06/21/2012 - 15:20

If I sign up tonight will I still get Slifer?

Submitted by John Bae on Thu, 06/21/2012 - 16:11

Yes. Please be sure to include your mailing address in your VIZmanga.com account once you have an SJ ALPHA yearly membership. Thanks!

Submitted by Fenrir on Thu, 06/21/2012 - 19:07

Just signed up for a year! Thanks for the swift reply.

Submitted by John Bae on Fri, 06/22/2012 - 11:41

Your welcome! And remember, SLIFER does not go out to members until a couple months from now. Once I have concrete dates when they'll be shipped out, I'll be sure to let everyone know.

Submitted by Slifer3 on Thu, 06/21/2012 - 18:19

if i sign up tommorow will i still get slifer

Submitted by John Bae on Fri, 06/22/2012 - 11:41

Yes. The deadline has been pushed back with a date to be announced at a later time.

Submitted by divinegods on Fri, 06/22/2012 - 16:17

So I will still get the cards that come with the membership, the only difference is that the magazines are digital not printed, everything else is as it says on the year long offer right?

Submitted by ShadowNinja2535 on Fri, 06/22/2012 - 17:42

It sounds like doubting I hear from you and I believe there's still a chance for me to get shock master as well as slifer.

Submitted by gears543 on Fri, 06/22/2012 - 19:11

that will be awesome if we could get a shock master

Submitted by divinegods on Fri, 06/22/2012 - 21:55

I just want to make sure that the money I spent didn't go to waste, getting to read the manga is great thing especially since it comes in faster the printed ever did, and getting the promo cards is a bonus to add to my decks, but now I can find out about events far easier than before, so you can understand if I am questioning somethings about the membership when you put the money into account.

Submitted by Ozymandias on Sat, 06/23/2012 - 19:54

I don't know if this has been brought up before, but is the packaging for the next cards we get going to change? I was excited when I got Number 16: Shock Masters, but the second thought in my mind is what would have happened if the rainstorm we got the day before came in on that day. Is there a way to put the cards in a plastic package before sending them out?

Submitted by Slifer3 on Sun, 06/24/2012 - 10:03

The will probably keep it the same but might not have the post office deliver them

Submitted by divinegods on Sun, 06/24/2012 - 00:34

Any new information turn up yet?

Submitted by Slifer3 on Sun, 06/24/2012 - 09:59

What is the last day i can get buy a subscription and get slifer please respond fast

Submitted by John Bae on Tue, 06/26/2012 - 10:34

A date still hasn't been determined, but it will be sometime soon. If I were you, I wouldn't wait around. Until we announce a date, you should be safe, but again, I wouldn't wait on this if possible.

Submitted by John Bae on Tue, 06/26/2012 - 14:15

7/11/2012!

Submitted by camillinalasporca on Sun, 06/24/2012 - 10:00

donde se puede comprar esta carta?

Submitted by Slifer3 on Mon, 06/25/2012 - 09:18

Im going to sign up in three days can i still get slifer

Submitted by John Bae on Mon, 06/25/2012 - 14:19

I believe you will qualify for SLIFER since the deadline date was pushed back and a new one is still not determined. Once we have a new deadline date for SLIFER, we'll be sure to let everyone know.

Submitted by jhone89 on Tue, 06/26/2012 - 07:51

It must get tiring answering the same question over and over and over!

Submitted by John Bae on Tue, 06/26/2012 - 10:35

It's okay. I understand fans wanting to know exactly what they're buying and when to expect things like the promo cards. I just wished people read the articles first...

Submitted by jhone89 on Sat, 07/07/2012 - 16:41

Yeah. If I had just read the article and the comments that followed...well...I wouldn't have had to have asked myself!

Submitted by Yugiohking on Tue, 06/26/2012 - 12:58

Does anyone here have any idea as to why the deadline for Slifer the Sky Dragon has been pushed back? For people who bought the membership and now qualify for Slifer, like me, it is disappointing, because this could mean that the actual shipping for Slifer might also be pushed back. Wouldn't you all agree?

Submitted by John Bae on Tue, 06/26/2012 - 13:00

We wanted to give more people time to become a member and get this card. I have a deadline date for everyone now: 7/11.

Submitted by divinegods on Tue, 06/26/2012 - 14:26

Can you say will certain-tee that Slifer the Sky Dragon will be brought to our doorstep on July 7 or will the date be pushed back more?

Submitted by John Bae on Tue, 06/26/2012 - 14:27

The deadline date is not a shipping date. That's the deadline to sign up for ALPHA to qualify for SLIFER. SLIFER will be sent out a couple months from now.

Submitted by ronron1984 on Tue, 06/26/2012 - 19:47

I'm a member already!! I was wondering if i would receive slipher, even though my membership ends July 30, 2012.

Submitted by John Bae on Wed, 06/27/2012 - 10:21

I'm not to sure about this. I'd write in to sjalpha@viz.com and inquire there.

Submitted by Lizzy on Wed, 06/27/2012 - 09:37

I am a member too til August 4 th! I was a print member long before this digital started! I switched over in February and am glad I did! Cause, the manga is getting so good I love it so far!

Submitted by Shtawffan on Thu, 06/28/2012 - 14:47

I ordered over a week ago. When can I expect my Slifer? Also wanted to know when or if Shonen Jump is releasing The Creator God of Light, Horakhty?

Submitted by SoraFireSoul on Sat, 06/30/2012 - 13:50

i order years ago when it what just SJ and yea iwant to know if the Creator God of Light is releasing as well

Submitted by SoraFireSoul on Sat, 06/30/2012 - 13:48

i wonder what card next :)

Submitted by divinegods on Tue, 07/03/2012 - 00:42

How can we make sure that members get the promo cards? I have been trying to find this out, to confirm that the money I spent isn't for nothing, and to make sure that the shipping address is right, so can anyone tell me how I can find this information, it would quite helpful if you did.

Submitted by Devonlionheart on Fri, 07/06/2012 - 14:21

Win Will I get Slifer The Sky Dragon In The Mail.

Submitted by hzumbru1 on Fri, 07/06/2012 - 15:48

When will this come out

Submitted by SliferTheCollector on Sun, 07/08/2012 - 17:34

Lets say that they shipped out Slifer through out the month and everyone received their's but me at the end of the give away. What do I do if I don't receive Slifer? Is there somewhere where I can complain or ask for one to be shipped to me?

Submitted by John Bae on Mon, 07/09/2012 - 14:00

Why don't you worry about that scenario should it play out? No sense in worrying over something you can't control.