Make Alpha more like Weekly Jump

Submitted by Payne222 on Sun, 05/20/2012 - 20:11

I know this won't happen instantaneously, or maybe even at all, but I'd really like for Alpha to bring in all of the series that Weekly Jump has and boost our magazine. I'd really like for us to get a taste of all the series that the Weekly Jump readers get as well as the constant new series coming in and out and the one shots. I know that licensing has a big hand in why it'd be difficult, but I think making our Alpha as close to Weekly Jump in Japan as possible would be the best for the magazine and fandom here and getting rid of scanlations.

Comments

Submitted by urian brown on Mon, 05/21/2012 - 12:08

Really good ideas!

In fact, it's been my dream all along!

I'll pass this idea to my many superiors!

Thanks!

UB

Submitted by jkphantom on Mon, 05/21/2012 - 13:15

Good ideas @Payne222, SJ Alpha needs more manga!!!!

Submitted by Payne222 on Mon, 05/21/2012 - 16:16

Thanks guys! I just really love manga, and would hate to see the industry fail here because of scanlations. The price point you guys have for Alpha is great! The only big complaint I hear is that Jump before was never caught up with Japan and that it doesn't have as many series as Weekly Jump does. Hopefully you guys'll be able to make it more like Weekly Jump! Also, any news on what's going to replace Bakuman?

Submitted by susakeshadow on Mon, 05/28/2012 - 17:45

Also it would be cool if we could rank the series like they do in Weekly Shonen Jump

Submitted by Payne222 on Wed, 05/30/2012 - 12:11

It'd be cool if we could rank them, yeah, but it'd be pointless. We're 2 weeks behind Weekly Jump, which is a big reason why it'd be pointless, also because they'd have to start counting our votes weekly too for them to even matter and I doubt that they want to haha.

Submitted by ShonenMangaka on Sun, 06/10/2012 - 12:42

This is a great idea! There have been several serializations that have gone through SJ that we in the US have never seen, but have been great series. Not only that, but by bringing in more series, you might attract more fans. Currently there are only six series in WSJA, but there are still several series you could add into the roster.

Submitted by Payne222 on Mon, 06/11/2012 - 14:21

Yeah I know, which disappoints me. Like JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, I'd love to read more than just the Stardust Crusaders Arc. And even in series going on right now in Japan's Weekly Jump like Kuroko no Basuke, that manga is really good and I know lots of American fans would enjoy it, not to mention it could potentially bring in more readers. I've been a loyal Shonen Jump reader since 2003 when I was 11 and have watched the company and industry grow here which I love and I only want to see and help it grow even more.

Submitted by Shade1 on Wed, 07/04/2012 - 02:25

Maybe adding in a survey function into the weekly mangas so that us sjalpha readers might be able to rate the mangas written?

it might be possible that a manga in japan may be more popular in the U.S. and should still be continued? Two different markets with slightly different tastes. I'm sure we've all been slightly disappointed to see a favorite manga get cancelled.

It would be nice to still be able to show that there might still be a demand here on sjalpha =p (and should continue to be printed electronically?)

Submitted by Garzard1 on Wed, 07/04/2012 - 15:09

If too much is added in, the price may increase.

Submitted by rapjul on Sat, 07/07/2012 - 21:44

I would gladly pay more for all of Jump to be available in English.