CARDS: YU-GI-OH! Gimme SHOCK Treatment!

Attention all SJ Alpha members! Your first Yu-Gi-Oh! promo card, the Xyz Monster Number 16: Shock Master, will be arriving sometime late-May to June. If you want to get some ideas on how to use this literal powerhouse to his fullest, then we invite you to read on!

Shocked Up For The Night
Getting three Level 4 Monsters out isn’t easy, but stick to your guns...er, cards! Number 16: Shock Master nixes out all Monster, Spell, or Trap effects until your next turn. If that doesn’t sound awesome, then think for a moment. Two turns without your opponent’s Traps. No Spells until your next move. All Effect Monsters momentarily de-fanged. Any of these could leave your opponent wide open, especially if he’s favoring one type. Sounds a bit more awesome now, huh?

Lightning Strike Three - You’re Out!
Remember that like most Xyz Monsters, Shock Master loses a Material monster to activate its effect. You also can’t activate it more than once per turn. Conserve your ammo for when you need it, but don’t hold back when the time comes. If you can, try to get a second (or even third!) out onto the field to cripple your opponent completely.

Backup Cards

Daybreaker
Shock Master could use a blazing knight to light the path. Daybreaker lets you Summon another of its name when Special Summoned. Combine with Photon Lead to do just that, and try to get all three into your hand for a triple sunlight smackdown!

Eradicator Epidemic Virus
Double-dip with Eradicator Epidemic Virus, offering up one 2500 DARK Monster to remove all of your opponent’s Spells or Traps for their next three turns. Feel a sneeze building?

Green, Red and Yellow Gadgets
Your hand low on Level 4 monsters? Behold the power of Gadget teamwork! Summon one colored Gadget to get another into your hand. Material, ahoy!

For more information about the Yu-Gi-Oh! Trading Card Game, visit Konami's official site today!

For a chance to vote on the next Yu-Gi-Oh! promo card offering, click HERE!

Cards
Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG Official Site

by Chris Turner

About Chris Turner
A casual duelist and former Viz Media intern, Chris has ascended the ranks and now writes for us as a freelancer.

Comments

Submitted by nomorejoking on Mon, 07/02/2012 - 09:49

I still Havent recieved mine!!! And its July 2nd!!!

Submitted by gokusbestvegetasrest on Mon, 08/13/2012 - 09:25

i am still awaiting the arrival of my first cards starting to get really disappointed mainly because it is august 13th i guess they don't want me to renew my subscription next year :)

Submitted by John Bae on Mon, 08/13/2012 - 12:40

When did you subscribe? If you recently became a member, your first card will be GUSTAV MAX and you should get it in a few months.

If you were a member by April 20 and are still a current member, you also qualify for SHOCK MASTER and SLIFER. If you haven't received those, write to sjalpha@viz.com.

Submitted by DanCagallifan on Tue, 07/03/2012 - 21:49

Hello, this is the 2nd time i've posted on this thread, but I still ahve yet to receive my ShockMAsters, and the last tiem i posted was on June 10th. It's July 3rd, and I've sent some emails to shonen jump's customer support, but I haven't gotten a message back since June 16th and I'm getting very frustrated. I will be considering a refund if I don't receive an answer soon.

Submitted by JUNEYAN04201408 on Thu, 07/05/2012 - 19:12

I have emailed shonen jump's customer support and am still awaiting a response, due to the fact that my promotional card, shock master is missing and has not been sent to me yet, shonen jump please reply to my emails and tell me what has happened.
The customer service is terrible as they never respond back!!!!!

Submitted by John Bae on Fri, 07/06/2012 - 10:31

When did you write in? And was it for the sjalpha@viz.com customer service? Give them some time.

Submitted by ronron1984 on Thu, 07/05/2012 - 20:07

I've emaild sjalpha several different times and I've yet to hear about my missing card. I was told to wait until after end of June to contact them and I did, yet they still haven't responded.

Submitted by John Bae on Fri, 07/06/2012 - 10:32

Just wait for a reply. If you don't hear back after Comic-Con, let us know again.

Submitted by Skai714 on Thu, 07/05/2012 - 20:39

i dont know if you guys have my address right but i haven't received my promo card. if this will help i wanna change the adress to this one on my account 21323 80th ave w apt 16 Edmonds WA 98026. send to salvador gonzalez

Submitted by John Bae on Fri, 07/06/2012 - 10:30

Did you make sure that address was inputted in your VIZmanga.com account profile? If not, please do so now. Regardless, write in to sjalpha@viz.com and let them know you are missing SHOCK MASTER.

Submitted by Sharul on Fri, 07/06/2012 - 10:18

I still have not gotten mine...

Submitted by John Bae on Fri, 07/06/2012 - 10:30
Submitted by UchihaGrandmast... on Fri, 07/06/2012 - 14:12

AND I STILL DON'T HAVE MY. WHAT'S GOING ON SJ!!!!

Submitted by John Bae on Fri, 07/06/2012 - 14:45
Submitted by UchihaGrandmast... on Fri, 07/06/2012 - 15:02

I did before, and they just sent me to this link. I'm running in circles here! -_-

Submitted by John Bae on Fri, 07/06/2012 - 15:03

You have to respond to them and let them know what the situation is again and that sending you to a link is not solving anything. Be persistent!

Submitted by nomorejoking on Sun, 07/08/2012 - 13:23

Its already the 8th of july and i still dont have miine! and i know i qualified!!!!

SJALPHA do something!!!!

Submitted by John Bae on Thu, 07/19/2012 - 11:30

1. Did you properly enter your mailing address in your VIZmanga.com account profile? If not, do so now.

2. Write in to sjalpha@viz.com ASAP with details on your issue and your VIZmanga.com account username.

Submitted by NoelV on Mon, 07/16/2012 - 11:02

I WANT MY SSSHHHOOOCCCKKK MAAASSSTTTEEERRR

Submitted by John Bae on Thu, 07/19/2012 - 11:30

Submitted by CLOUDSLASHER5227 on Thu, 07/19/2012 - 11:14

im still waiting for my shock master to arrive. im getting very nervous and frustrated about this considering it is now late july and started being shipped in may

Submitted by John Bae on Thu, 07/19/2012 - 11:29

Submitted by demonkght on Sun, 07/22/2012 - 21:03

still haven't got my shock master contacted customer service 3 times first on June 7 then July 2, and finally July 12 but still have not got a response from them.

Shonen alpha customer service has to be the worst i have ever dealt with don't know what else to do, wish they had a telephone number

Submitted by HolyPaladin on Sun, 07/22/2012 - 22:06

Honestly, customer service is terrible because of the long time it takes to even get a response and that is even worse then what i had to do to get customer service

Submitted by HolyPaladin on Tue, 07/24/2012 - 22:32

There will be a second batch of shock masters for those who didn't get one and should be released with the slifer the sky dragon together, maybe not though

Submitted by HolyPaladin on Tue, 07/24/2012 - 22:30

since there is a second batch of shock master's coming out for those who didn't get one, is it possible for me to get one even though i missed the deadline? and would other people be getting them as well if they were on time for the slifer the sky dragon promo

Submitted by Yatesuro on Thu, 07/26/2012 - 15:25

Hey there. My Shock Master still hasn't come in yet. I e-mailed you guys about it at the beginning of July, like you told me to, but I haven't been getting replies since I was told in June to do that. Thank you guys so much for your help, and for translating such great manga.

Submitted by gokusbestvegetasrest on Mon, 08/13/2012 - 09:29

i have been waiting for my first card for some time now and I'm starting to get pretty disappointed because it is august 13th and still have not received it i guess they don't want me to renew my subscription :)

Submitted by foffyoul5 on Mon, 08/13/2012 - 10:00

hey dont feel ba di havent gooten my stuff for over 2 months i even missed slifer the sky dragon >:( they better do somethng about our problems and seriously this could lead to a law suid because they did not give what we the paying customers baught so that is highway robery

Submitted by John Bae on Mon, 08/13/2012 - 10:09

First off, when did you sign up? If it was after April 20, then your first card is SLIFER, and that should be arriving sometime next week.

Secondly, did you make sure to input your mailing address in your vizmanga.com account profile? If not, then there's no way to get these cards.

Before jumping off the deep end, please read all the card info we have on the site, and if you still have questions or concerns, write to sjalpha@viz.com.

Submitted by foffyoul5 on Mon, 08/13/2012 - 10:22

i singed up for shonen jump the december that just passed secondly what mailing adress if its my emial i said it was DO NOT POST YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS and i dont see any timezones for canada and im in cornwall ontario and have got zilch so far and i did email sjalpha@viz.com twice and have never gotten any responce so this is really pissing me off so yes im jumping off deep end because i did all that u mentioned il even mention my home adress DO NOT POST YOUR ADDRESS s that so hard and why the hell is there no place on this site just for personal settings i went there and it showed me how to remake my password

Submitted by foffyoul5 on Mon, 08/13/2012 - 10:27

the manga shows up but i havent gotten my cards what the hell ?? why the hell have i got the manga and no cards >:(

Submitted by John Bae on Mon, 08/13/2012 - 10:46

There are instructions on what you need to do. It should have been in your confirmation email. You need to input your mailing address (postal address and not your email) in your vizmanga.com account profile. If you haven't, then there's no way we could have gotten you your cards.

EDIT: And don't post your personal address for everyone to see.

Submitted by foffyoul5 on Mon, 08/13/2012 - 11:16

well can u tell me how to do it without confirmation email cause i dont have it anymore

Submitted by foffyoul5 on Mon, 08/13/2012 - 11:49

my address is corect and all the info i put is up to date then why is it not sent i chequed my settings and its all the corect info do they just hate sending cards to canada??

Submitted by foffyoul5 on Mon, 08/13/2012 - 11:51

ya i choose slifer if the poeple at shonen jump want to know cause i dont know how to choose the one i want so im just saying the one i would like
also still wierd how my info is all corect and still have gotten nothing :(

Submitted by John Bae on Mon, 08/13/2012 - 12:36

First off, you can't choose which one you'd like. It depends on whether or not you were a member at the time the card is offered. If you were a member BY April 20, you should have received SHOCK MASTER. If you were a member BY July 11, you should receive SLIFER sometime within the next week.

As for your situation, please write to sjalpha@viz.com. I'm only an editor here and can not help you with your issues.

EDIT: AND AGAIN, READ ALL THE NEWS ITEM ON THE SITE. ALL YOUR ANSWERS ARE ACTUALLY ON THE SITE, SO PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO READ THEM.

Submitted by FANSOFSAMCROW1313 on Mon, 08/13/2012 - 12:23

I have not receved my promo cards and i have checked and submitted my adress anb i have e-mailed sj alpha@viz.com twice and no response can anyone hep?!?!

Submitted by John Bae on Mon, 08/13/2012 - 12:37

Then you're more than likely on the list. If you qualified for it, the SHOCK MASTER reships are going out as we speak. SLIFER is also going out as we speak as well.

Submitted by foffyoul5 on Mon, 08/13/2012 - 12:49

cause i wanted to know when i could be expecting them (cuase i may end up moving my brother to otawa in the neer future

Submitted by foffyoul5 on Mon, 08/13/2012 - 16:34

when they ship the cards make sure i get the slifer the sky dragon plz that is the one ive been waiting over 2 years for and i dont care as much for numbers as i do about slifer (and rebuilding my slifer deck)

Submitted by John Bae on Mon, 08/13/2012 - 16:55

Again, I can't pick the card for you. You'll get whatever cards you qualify for. And please write to customer service with your concerns. Again, I am just an editor.

Submitted by Devinedragoon on Mon, 08/13/2012 - 18:50

yet ppl at gencon get to choose one for the first 2 card if they sign up for a year sub at the event and those that didn't know about the deadline and signed up a few days after get shafted.

CON SPECIAL @ GEN CON 2012

SJ Alpha will be taking yearly subscriptions for Weekly Shonen Jump Alpha at Gen Con. Those who sign up get to choose either a Number 16: Shock Master or Slifer the Sky Dragon card to take home right away! So head on over to the Konami booth (#701) to take advantage of this special offering!

Submitted by John Bae on Tue, 08/14/2012 - 10:00

It's a promotion that we're running at Gen Con. It's not some new fangled trick we came up with, companies do these kinds of offerings to increase the membership base.

Submitted by demonkght on Thu, 08/16/2012 - 14:43

Customer support is awful I wish there was a telephone number because email is no help I have emailed customer service on four different occasions the last time was Aug 14 and before that July 14 and before that on July 2 and finally June 7. I understand we are told to contact customer service if we don’t receive the promo cards but what happens when they don’t get back to you. I don’t think a big company should be run like this unfortunately it doesn’t seem like my voice is being heard.

Submitted by HolyPaladin on Thu, 08/16/2012 - 14:56

you should be recieving the 2 promo cards sometime this week or next week depending on when they were shipped because slifer the sky dragon was just shipped out on the 14th and there had to be another batch of shock masters due to alot of customers not recieving them and multible copies shipped to customers, please wait another week or 2 and if you don't hear anything, contact customer service

I am not from customer service but my network of information and persuasion is great, if you have any problems, please contact me through the yu-gi-oh dueling fourm
My name on this website is Heaven, and i will assist you on any problems, just ask for heaven and i will respond wherever i'm located
After August 27 i can only be avalable from 3:30 pm to 11:00 pm on mondays to thursdays
but on after 3:30 pm on friday through 11:00 pm on sunday

Submitted by HolyPaladin on Thu, 08/16/2012 - 15:09

also if you want to duel me, i'll be on til 7

Submitted by WhiteOmira on Mon, 08/20/2012 - 16:32

Hey, everyone... CHILL OUT! Constantly flooding them with whiny pleas probably doesn't help at all. If everyone else (or almost everyone, in this case) emails complaining about cards when the time isn't even up yet then that A LOT of notices to sift through. Most likely they constantly get them faster than they can manage since every person seems to be impatient :( There's still like a week for them to come in.

Submitted by JGREENE884983 on Mon, 08/20/2012 - 17:08

It says by the 21st! Whats the excuse for everyone to hear?

Submitted by HolyPaladin on Mon, 08/20/2012 - 20:47

From Heaven

they should be coming in sometime this week and next week, the had to remake the shock masters and deliver slifer the sky dragon , wait 2-3 weeks