MAY 2012 Weekly Shonen Jump Alpha Survey Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE CHANCE OF WINNING.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia and Canada (excluding Quebec) who are age 13 or older and located in the 50 U.S., D.C. or Canada at the time of entry. Employees, contractors, directors and officers of VIZ Media, LLC (“Sponsor”), its subsidiaries, promotional partners for this Sweepstakes, and the advertising, fulfillment, judging and promotion agencies involved in the administration, development, promotion and execution of this Sweepstakes (collectively, “Sweepstakes Parties”), and their immediate family members (parent, child, sibling and spouse of each) and those living in the same households of each are not eligible. Void in Quebec and where prohibited.
2. HOW TO ENTER: Beginning at 12:00:01 a.m. P.S.T. on May 01, 2012, log on to sjalpha.com/may-wsja-survey and locate the instructions regarding entry. Follow on-screen directions to complete the online survey and to properly complete your entry (by entering your name, age, address and email address). In order for entry to be valid, entrants must have accomplished the foregoing steps, submitted all required information and clicked on the “I accept” or other comparable button on the web site. All entries must be received no later than 11:59:59 p.m. P.S.T. on May 31, 2012. LIMIT ONE ENTRY PER PERSON, HOUSEHOLD, AND/OR E-MAIL ADDRESS REGARDLESS OF METHOD OF ENTRY. MULTIPLE ENTRIES DISCOVERED WILL BE DISQUALIFIED. Entrants may not enter under multiple identities or multiple times. Any entrant who attempts to enter multiple times or under multiple identities or uses any device or artifice to enter multiple times will be disqualified and forfeits any and all prizes won, in Sponsor's discretion. Sweepstakes Parties assume no responsibility for lost, late, misdirected, stolen, mutilated, illegible, undelivered, garbled, damaged or incomplete entries, for postage due mail or submissions, or for any computer, online, telephone or technical malfunctions that may occur. Sweepstakes Parties also assume no responsibility for any technical problems in connection with transmission or receipt of online entries, including without limitation faulty electronic data transmission, traffic congestion on the Internet or on the web site, hardware or software error, equipment failure or malfunction, or other online communications problems. All online entrants must have a valid email address. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an entry, entries will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. "Authorized account holder" means the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet Access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned to entrant. Automated entries (including but not limited to entries made using any script, macro, bot, or sweepstakes service) and facsimiles are not allowed. Potential winner may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry.
3. WINNER SELECTION: Winners will be selected in a random drawing by Sponsor of all valid entries, such drawing to take place in San Francisco, California on or about June 14, 2012. Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding on all matters related to the sweepstakes. Becoming a winner of any prize is subject to validation and verification of eligibility and compliance with all terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules. If a winning entrant is a Canadian resident, upon notification of selection, the selected entrant must, unaided, correctly answer a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question. In the event that the selected entrant is unable to correctly answer the skill-testing question, the Sponsor shall have the right to randomly draw another eligible entrant, and the Sponsor shall be fully and completely released and discharged from any liability or responsibility in this regard. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Winner will be notified by certified mail or e-mail. If any prize correspondence (including e-mail or regular mail) is returned as non-deliverable, prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. Winner (or winner’s parent or legal guardian, if winner is a minor in his/her state/province of residence) may be required to complete, sign and return an Affidavit/Declaration of Eligibility/Liability Release, and, where lawful, a Publicity Release within fourteen (14) days of attempted notification or prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected. If no documentation is required by Sponsor, prize will be shipped within 6-8 weeks of drawing date.
4. PRIZE: One (1) Winner will receive the following Prize: One copy of One Piece DVD Collections Vols. 1–6 (ARV is USD $209.99 ($34.98 each) / CAN $138.97 ($207.54). All expenses not specifically set forth herein are winner's sole responsibility. No substitution, cash redemption or transfer of prize is permitted except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. If prize, or any portion thereof, cannot be awarded for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize with another prize of equal or greater value. Any portion of the prize not accepted by winner shall be forfeited.
5. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Prize(s) will be awarded only to an address within the United States or Canada (excluding Quebec). Winner is solely responsible for any taxes on prize. If prize is $600 or more and winner is a legal U.S. resident, winner (or winner’s parent(s)/legal guardian(s) if winner is a minor) will receive an IRS Form 1099 for the approximate retail value of the prize. Canadian residents may be subject to withholding taxes and Canadian residents are responsible for the reporting and payment of any income tax. By participating, entrants (and their parent(s)/legal guardian(s) if entrants are minors) agree to these Official Rules, and to the Sponsor's decisions with regard to these Official Rules and the Sweepstakes, which are final and binding in all respects. If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including without limitation due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who is responsible or who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes and select the winner from all eligible entries received prior to the cancellation or termination. This sweepstakes is offered only in the United States and Canada (excluding Quebec) and is governed by the laws of the State of California, without regard to its conflicts of laws principles, and all claims must be resolved in the federal or state courts located in San Francisco County, California.
6. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE: By accepting the prize, winner (and winner’s parent(s)/legal guardian(s) if winner is a minor) agree that (a) the Sweepstakes Parties, participating retailers, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents will have no liability whatsoever for, and shall be held harmless by winner against, any liability for injuries, losses or damages of any kind to persons or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in the Sweepstakes; from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize; or from participation in any prize-related activity or any travel related thereto; (b) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; (c) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (d) any and all claims, judgments, and award shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, excluding attorneys’ fees and court costs. Except if winner is a resident of TN or where prohibited by law, winner (and winner’s parent(s)/legal guardian if winner is a minor) grant (and agree to confirm this grant in writing, if requested) permission for Sponsor and those acting under its authority to use his/her name, photograph, voice and/or likeness, for advertising and/or publicity purposes in any and all media now known or hereinafter invented without territorial or time limitations and without additional compensation.
7. WINNER LIST: For winners’ names and city & state/province, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: May 2012 Weekly Shonen Jump Alpha Survey Sweepstakes Winner's List Request, P.O. Box 77010, San Francisco, California 94107-9913. Canadian residents may omit return postage.
SPONSOR: VIZ Media, LLC, 295 Bay Street, San Francisco, CA 94133.